Which is better?

SmallFry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.macdonaldfamilysingers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was doing a quick shoot for my parents this afternoon while experimenting with lighting and a borrowed camera (a SLR Pentax). Some of us like the first better and others the second. I had to add contrast and darken the second pic because it was so washed out, but the expression was good.

Which one do you like better?

myfavorite.jpg

momanddad-1.jpg

I think #1 has potential with some post work. The white fringe doesn't work for me but that may be my problem. I think #1 jut needs a little tinkering in Photoshop...Hope that helped:)

I like #1 better as well... However... your dad is a little dark (just... a tad) I like the position of his face better in the second... If you able to get him to pose is head like he did in the second (so that the light reflection in his glasses doesn't cover up his pupils as much) in the first one and lighten it up a tad, it would be a good picture in my opinion. I agree with Michaelaw had said with the white fringe on the side... I'm not a fan of it, sorry.

The skin colour on your mom's face is definitely better in 1.
Your dad's a bit dark there.
And he has that large reflection in his glasses in 1 which he does not have in 2.
Unfortunately in both his most prominent features are his ears - he must have been out in the cold a short time before you took these and had only just come in and the first to get a rush of circulation were his ears (don't I know that phenomenon so well myself ... I could light the NIGHT with my red ears at times ... :oops: :roll: ) - and they are more prominently red in the first.

Then again I like the lighting better in 1. Does not give your mom this blown-out yellowy look (but gives your dad that reflection in the glasses and leaves him otherwise "in the dark")...

:scratch:

This is not easy!

Most reactions

Back