which is the best choice to select and compare the good camera

Minibus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I do not know how to take the photo well and I would like to learn the concept about taking photo pls share the information that you konw

Last edited:
Greetings, and welcome!

What is your budget?

Where can you obtain a camera?

What is your tolerance for learning technology?

For most beginners I recommend a small "point-and-shoot", which means a pocket-size, inexpensive, automatic camera. Learning composition is the primary task for beginners, and a camera that will produce acceptable photographs without much input from the photographer will ease the learning process.

As you posted this in the Nikon camera section my recommendation is the Nikon D5500 with the kit lens and add a 35mm f/1.8G lens.

The well known saying is "the best camera is the camera you have with you". For that reason I suggest you evaluate if you want to carry around such a camera or use the cell phone camera.

I find it easier to learn many of the concepts of photography with a DSLR vs a cell phone camera as most instructional material available is geared towards that type of camera. Of course any camera will let you work on composition and taking that 3D view and turning it into your own two dimensional interpretation.

Last edited:
Greetings, and welcome!

What is your budget?

Where can you obtain a camera?

What is your tolerance for learning technology?

For most beginners I recommend a small "point-and-shoot", which means a pocket-size, inexpensive, automatic camera. Learning composition is the primary task for beginners, and a camera that will produce acceptable photographs without much input from the photographer will ease the learning process.
Firstly, I would like to thank you for your recommended. My budget is around 200 USD and I'm from Thailand. I am really determined to learn about taking the photo. When I see other pics from many people I feel happy and I want to be good at like the other one who take the photo beautifully. :)

Last edited:
As you posted this in the Nikon camera section my recommendation is the Nikon D5500 with the kit lens and add a 35mm f/1.8G lens.

The well known saying is "the best camera is the camera you have with you". For that reason I suggest you evaluate if you want to carry around such a camera or use the cell phone camera.

I find it easier to learn many of the concepts of photography with a DSLR vs a cell phone camera as most instructional material available is geared towards that type of camera. Of course any camera will let you work on composition and taking that 3D view and turning it into your own two dimensional interpretation.
Many thanks for your advising. I've searched for information on the internet and I finally found the camera which suits for me and it's not expensive because I have not much money.

Well, How about using cell phone camera to take the photo if I want to assume the object in front of the background

Well, How about using cell phone camera to take the photo if I want to assume the object in front of the background
Yes, use it.

The first thing you must learn is composition.

Learn what make a good photograph better than a poor photograph, and concentrate on getting good ones.

One of the maintenance guys here shoots with his cell phone camera, and he is an astoundingly accomplished photographer with it. He asked me about "good cameras" one time, and I asked to see what he had been shooting. He showed me stuff shot on his phone that was very,very good. The current smartphone cameras, since the iPhone 4 and newer, and the various Samsungs, and so on, are pretty good cameras for semi-wide angle photography. If you use the phone camera like it is a "real camera", the results can be quite good.

I like the square format that Instagram has used for a number of years. Shooting to a square, or for a square, is an interesting experience. The square forces you to crop off a lot of an image, and that is a useful ability, to be able to envision the picture within the larger picture. The Instagram filter set and editing tools are actually pretty danged useful. I would use the phone camera as much as you can, and use the tool with very serious focus on the pictures it can make.

Yes, use it.

The first thing you must learn is composition.

Learn what make a good photograph better than a poor photograph, and concentrate on getting good ones.
What is the composition about taking the photo ? Can you tell me ,pls?

One of the maintenance guys here shoots with his cell phone camera, and he is an astoundingly accomplished photographer with it. He asked me about "good cameras" one time, and I asked to see what he had been shooting. He showed me stuff shot on his phone that was very,very good. The current smartphone cameras, since the iPhone 4 and newer, and the various Samsungs, and so on, are pretty good cameras for semi-wide angle photography. If you use the phone camera like it is a "real camera", the results can be quite good.

I like the square format that Instagram has used for a number of years. Shooting to a square, or for a square, is an interesting experience. The square forces you to crop off a lot of an image, and that is a useful ability, to be able to envision the picture within the larger picture. The Instagram filter set and editing tools are actually pretty danged useful. I would use the phone camera as much as you can, and use the tool with very serious focus on the pictures it can make.
I'm glad that you comment about my thread and I would like to say Thank you to you. Now I just have cell phone but it's not very good to take photos. How about your IG ? Can I follow your IG? because I don't have square account.

"composition" refers to what subjects (people or objects) that you have decided to include in your photograph. In addition to what to include, it is how they should be presented (near, far, above, below, in focus, or not, etc.). The study of composition will lead you to explore many forms of art until you begin to "see" the shot before you aim your camera. Learning to recognize a good composition when you see it is most of the battle.

This learning will take some time, and it will help you to read some books about composition.

this was a big help when i got started, i think my camera came with a book and than i found this eventually that had all the same information..

Nikon | Imaging Products | DSLR Camera Basics
Thank you so much for your information! I really love your pictures that you have shared on flick. And I want to know how to make pic professional like you by steps. :)

for bird photos like i take. you really need a lens that has allot of zoom, i would not want less than a 400mm lens. even my 600mm lens does not get me close enough allot of times. you still need to be close to the birds, especially small birds,

first you need a camera body and you need a lens with allot of zoom for bird photos, next you need to find places where the birds are, when you find that place you need to get close to the birds, i will go to a spot and i will stand there and try not to move much till the birds show up, or i will walk around untill i see birds and try to get close enough to them with out scaring them away which is not always easy to do but some birds do not care that you are near them. i do not know how much money you want to spend on the camera but i thin a nikon D5300 is a very good camera, i have one and i like it, i really like the nikon D7200 i got not long ago.

as far as camera settings you really need to shoot birds in manual mode, you want a fast shutter speed, if they are flying you want to be around 1/1000 or faster to stop motion so you do not get blury birds photos, if they are stetting still shutter speed of 1/500 or faster works well. i usually set my shutter speed to 1/1000

setting your aperture depends on the lens, i like something like f/8 is usually pretty good for my lens.

ISO. i set mine to auto so the camera will adjust the iso to give me a proper exposed image and if its not give me the proper exposure i will use the exposure compensation so it does.

when you find a bird to take as many photos of it as you can before it flys away. there will probably be some photos of that bird that you really like. keep those ones and throw out the ones you do not like. than i edit the photos in lightroom to make them look as good as i can.

for shooting other things you will use different settings but that is how i do it for birds.

"composition" refers to what subjects (people or objects) that you have decided to include in your photograph. In addition to what to include, it is how they should be presented (near, far, above, below, in focus, or not, etc.). The study of composition will lead you to explore many forms of art until you begin to "see" the shot before you aim your camera. Learning to recognize a good composition when you see it is most of the battle.

This learning will take some time, and it will help you to read some books about composition.
Composition for a song is when you write the notes and the songtext down.

Composition for a painting is how you place the elements on the image, from what angle, what poses your models have, how you put the light etc. A painter is very free in all these descisions.

Likewise, composition for a photographic image is how you put the elements into. Basically: how to place the camera, what kind of photographic settings to use, what filters, flashes and other helping tools to use, and finally how to postprocess the image, in order to reach a desired result.

The art of photography, naturally, has taken over a lot from the much older art of paintings.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back