Which is the best Photoshop

I use Lightroom 2.1 to import, sort, and file. Then I open CS4 for the editing processing and final touches. Besides that, I love Nik plugins, they work great with CS4 on my Macbook Pro.

thanks everyone. We have the software mentioned above already at my company. I just need to chhose one to use. So I don't have to buy anything. Looks like I will be using CS3 until we buy CS4, hopefully by summer.

Photoshop CS4 (also known as Photoshop 11.0) is the latest release of an amazingly powerful and complete program for working with digital images, and yet for all its power, it’s surprisingly easy to learn to start using it effectively. These workshops are for both the first-time user of Photoshop, as well as for more experienced users who want to learn to do more with the program, or to explore what this newest version has to offer.

just wondering what the best Adobe product for PP is out of this selection:

Photoshop 6
Photoshop 7
Premiere Pro CS3
Premiere Pro CS3 (D) - Not sure what the D stands for
CS3 Design Premium
Photoshop Elements - I don't know if this is used for PP.

I have all of these available to me at this time from work.

Thanks

From what I understand Photoshop 7 is the best in that list for photography.

Premier Pro CS3 is not the same as Photoshop CS3, it is for video editing. Photoshop Elements is the cheap version of photoshop with less features. CS3 Design Premium is a graphic design program.

everyone is recommending Photoshop CS3 but its not on that list !!!!

Photoshop CS3 can be downloaded from torrent sites for free, but you didnt hear that from me.

If you are new to photoshop get yourself a good tutorial book from amazon. the 'classroom in a book' series is a good one to work through.

Thank you for the reply. I thought I was doing something wrong because I installed the CS3 and it did look like video editing.

LOL! I wish we actually read your post thoroughly enough. :p

Yeah, Photoshop and Premiere are totally different. Photoshop 7 is old, but should do what you need; but then, its no better than GIMP; debatably worse because its outdated. Check which version of Photoshop Elements you have. If you've got elements 6 or newer, use them instead. They're better than Photoshop 7.

photoshop 7 is the predecessor of CS3 I think so should be fine, not too out of date. and it will be less draining on your computer than CS3.

Im not sure if it can handle RAW files though.

Does anyone know if elements, latest version will run with a 1.5Ghz processor and 2 gb of ram? Also is there any major advantage of elements compared to gimp?

photoshop 7 is the predecessor of CS3 I think so should be fine, not too out of date. and it will be less draining on your computer than CS3.

Im not sure if it can handle RAW files though.

Photoshop 7 is an older version of photoshop.
Versions: 7, 8 (CS), 9 (CS2), 10 (CS3), 11 (CS4)\

Photoshop 7 is 4 versions out of date. I think it has an early form of ACR but it doesn't support any recent cameras.

One more question before we can put this thread in the archives. With PS7, can I import RAW images or .nef images into it to do editing. With my PS 6, I can't open .nef files directly from the memory card.

Thanks

Most reactions

Back