Which Lens ?..its me birthday

mark day

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im still learning the 350d with the 18-55 lens how ever the wife has said i can have a secound lens for my birthday :wink: have you guys got a ideal for a good all rounder for the canon 350d i was looking and thinking of the Canon EF 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 but thought id ask as this maybe not a good jump ..would like your views thanks

or just get a Canon Ef 50mm f/1.8 II Lens to start with

Both those lenses are great. The 28-135 is a good walk-around lens, but it doesn't have the wide aperture and narrow DOF of the 50. I'd personally get the 50 first as it allows for much more creative photography.

Rob

When I had to decide on a second lens in April, right before we left for the States, I went for a telephoto zoom lens, and the decision was right for city photography, I think (everyone said I took reasonably good pics while in NYC, and no one knows my Washington D.C. pics as yet :oops: - haven't finished working on them - too many new ones ever since! :blushing: ), but I was really torn between that one (the Sigma DG 70-300mm, 1:4-5.6) and the Canon 50mm 1:1,8 ... and the latter still is on my list of birthday presents (unless I cannot contain myself and go buy it before, since it's still 7 more months to go until my birthday comes up again).

Depends what her budget is.......i'd say you won't go far wrong with a Canon 24-70mm f2.7 L USM. Great lens and although i haven't used the 50mm prime from what i can gather, the zoom lens is close to it in quality thanks to its "L" glass.

Great lens....love it.

Since you are new to photography, the 50mm f/1.8 is my recommendation. (and also since it's a great lens and you don't have it :p)

thanks guy's the 50 it is ,,after going out today to take some more i think i need it:lol: lets go and be nice to me wife ,,,shopping tomorrow :lol:

mark day said:
thanks guy's the 50 it is ,,after going out today to take some more i think i need it:lol: lets go and be nice to me wife ,,,shopping tomorrow :lol:

I think that's a good choice:) I have the same camera and situation as you, and I think I've decided on the 50 as well. :lovey:

yes ,,,just looked on jessops and there's are going for £84 but then checked on ebay £40 ish mmmmmmmm

Well guys i got the 50mm f1.8 Mk II and you were all right ,,what a change from the 18-55 stock,, images are crisp and colour is better also ,,great lens ,,couldnt wait for ebay so payed full price but i think it was worth it thanks guys ,,,looking for some church and grave yard shots later IF any turn out ok i will post ,,,thanks again..:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back