WHICH LENS

namvet66

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Heading to WDW in a couple of months. I have a 28-90MM lens and a 100-300MM lens.

Which would be better for those general disney world shots and of course shots of the granddaughter with Mickey and his friends and the fireworks display?

I will have both lens with me, but need advice on which is the best all around lens.

Thanks for reading and any advice will be appreciated.

Be Kind to Animals
namvet66

I've been to there, and if I would of had my camera at the time I think I would take the 28-90. If I remember correctly there not a whole lot that you can't get to. Plus being able to have wide and zoom will be much better because there is a lot of stuff there that you'll need a wide angle to get a good shot.

Last edited:
You'll only need the 100-300 at Hollywood disney and Animal kingdom, and even then only for specific situations (lights motors action, indian jones and the african safari) Otherwise the 28-90 will do just about everything else. My wife and I are Disney regulars and despite being able to take every lens I own on a whim I still end up with the 24-70 95% of the time.

The 28-90mm zoom would be more useful. You will of course want a tripod for the fireworks shots. Remember to turn OFF long exposure noise reduction when shooting fireworks, or it can take forever and a day to fire a shot and then have the in-camera NR process the file.

good advice in this thread.
i had my 18-70 for 95% of the time, and 55-200 for the safari thing and random others.

i did have my sb600 and used it quite a bit. its good for fill and night stuff.

and yes, tripod if youre going for the fireworks over the castle thing. :thumbup:

have fun!!
we were there in oct of last year and it was phenomenal!

I will have both lens with me, but need advice on which is the best all around lens.
If you have both, are taking both, will be using both........what was your question again?

That was better than my initial response btw. For example.......

:lmao::lmao::lmao:​

Last edited by a moderator:
I would definately take both if you are able and have the 28-90 on the camera the 100-300 would probably be to much zoom for the walking around shots.

Most reactions

Back