Which lense to buy?

Haha no probs. I'm leaning towards a 35mm f/1.8 at the moment. Not sure which one to choose though.

Oh good cause google is not helping me one bit! It just won't tell me what I need to know!

As to which one... The only advice I can give is to read lots of reviews about the lenses you are thinking of. Every review will have noted something different and the more you read the better!
Haha yeah it took a whole lot of searching and asking around, but from what I gatherd a 35mm seems to be the best option for me! And well, I'm off to read some reviews! Have a good time :)

Yea a prime lense might suit me the best! Although, since my camera uses a dx format wouldn't a 35mm be closer to "real" 50mm then a 50mm would?

For the d3300 and on a budget the 1.8/35G options should be discussed.

There are in fact two versions of this lens.

One is a do it all FX-lens @530 US$. It will survive a later upgrade to the larger format but still work as a normal lens for now: https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-AF-S-F...F8&qid=1477305110&sr=8-2&keywords=nikkor+35mm

The other is a great sub-200-US$ DX-lens: Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras

Both lenses are great performers.

I personally prefer the 1.4/35 Ai-S ... in a way for nostalgic reasons ... yet it also slows me down while shooting and I like it.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yea a prime lense might suit me the best! Although, since my camera uses a dx format wouldn't a 35mm be closer to "real" 50mm then a 50mm would?

For the d3300 and on a budget the 1.8/35G options should be discussed.

There are in fact two versions of this lens.

One is a do it all FX-lens @530 US$. It will survive a later upgrade to the larger format but still work as a normal lens for now: https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-AF-S-F...F8&qid=1477305110&sr=8-2&keywords=nikkor+35mm

The other is a great sub-200-US$ DX-lens: Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras

Both lenses are great performers.

I personally prefer the 1.4/35 Ai-S ... in a way for nostalgic reasons ... yet it also slows me down while shooting and I like it.
Yea i just orderd the 35 f/1.8 one! I hope I'll be happy with it :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back