Shafty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,
I'm looking for a lens that I can walk around with.
Currently my gear is this
  • 1300d
  • 18-55mm kit lens
  • vintage Olympia 35mm f2.8 prime
I've started to use the 35mm more as its new to me, reason I got it was because of the low aperture and the fact that it forces me to move in order to get the shot I want. I prefer this lens over the 18-55 for just walking around with.

The lenses I'm thinking about are :
  1. Canon Nifty Fifty
  2. Canon 24mm f2.8 ef-s
I have no idea what I should get, heck I'm not sure If I should even get another lens because of the 35mm.

Hi all,
I'm looking for a lens that I can walk around with.
Currently my gear is this
  • 1300d
  • 18-55mm kit lens
  • vintage Olympia 35mm f2.8 prime
I've started to use the 35mm more as its new to me, reason I got it was because of the low aperture and the fact that it forces me to move in order to get the shot I want. I prefer this lens over the 18-55 for just walking around with.

The lenses I'm thinking about are :
  1. Canon Nifty Fifty
  2. Canon 24mm f2.8 ef-s
I have no idea what I should get, heck I'm not sure If I should even get another lens because of the 35mm.

get the inexpensive refurbished 50mm 1.8 STM
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Yeah, I'm leaning that way a bit.
It will have to be bought at a later date, I just got a Zenith et film camera and a helios 44-2 for 20 euro, not a bad find

18-55 is not a good lens to work with! If you want to cover portraits you can go for 50mm(1.8) at a cheaper rate! If you can effort,85mm(2.8) is a great option!
If you're wishing to have a zoom lens,then try 18-135 or 55-250 which is cheaper than pro lenses!

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Most reactions

Back