Which looks best?

really nice photo given the equipment. Although I think it may look better if you were holding something other than a soft toy I think it clashes with the overall mood of the photo.

Thank you. =)

Hmm.. someone else said that too. D: (not on the forum though) About the tiger animal toy. I was thinking I should've just layed the blanket there instead, I may attempt it again sometime.

I check out a lot of photos here and of the ones I've seen from your posts I think this one looks close to the best. My only suggestion for composition would've been to zoom out a BIT to enclude more tiger and not cut off your elbow. It definitely works though and looks really.

I noticed it was mentioned before but it's worth saying again... I think you could really benefit from a new camera. From the quantity/quality of your posts it seems like the equipment might be what's holding your development back at this point.

For the black and white shot how did you get it to B&W? There are a million ways to do B&W with Photoshop (you did say Adobe so I'm assuming you mean Photoshop) but you want to avoid just desaturating it and leaving it at that. Using the Channels is a good way to do B&W or I do mine by desaturating the shot and adjust the Levels after the desaturation but I adjust them by section of the photograph. Like if I take a shot of a building with the sky... I'll cut the sky onto it's own layer and correct the Levels on the 2 parts seperately just so we're consolidating too much info into one edit. Hopefully this makes sense... hahaha :er:

Good thinking too with the reshoot. Good practice.

almost any image can be enhanced just a matter of what tools you pull out of the box... simple texture no real tricks at all
33muzag.jpg

rmh159 said:
For the black and white shot how did you get it to B&W? There are a million ways to do B&W with Photoshop (you did say Adobe so I'm assuming you mean Photoshop) but you want to avoid just desaturating it and leaving it at that. Using the Channels is a good way to do B&W or I do mine by desaturating the shot and adjust the Levels after the desaturation but I adjust them by section of the photograph. Like if I take a shot of a building with the sky... I'll cut the sky onto it's own layer and correct the Levels on the 2 parts seperately just so we're consolidating too much info into one edit. Hopefully this makes sense... hahaha :er:

Not sure exactly what you mean! D:

I made it B&W through adobe, simply changing the image mode to grayscale. I don't really understand the rest of your paragraph......

Channels?
Desaturating?

mysteryscribe said:
almost any image can be enhanced just a matter of what tools you pull out of the box... simple texture no real tricks at all

Only thing is I'm no fan of textures. D:Well, for the most part

mysteryscribe said:
Then its the wrong tool for you...It's always the artists choice

Thank you for the comment though. I may eventually try textures, for experimenting. =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back