Which multipurpose lens?

Theodch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys! Im looking of buying one new multipurpose lens for general use (mainly for pictures during holiday trips abroad). My camera is the Nikon D3100. I have already the 18-55mm zoom lens and for far distances I have the 300mm zoom lens. However I want for trips to have something longer than the 55mm but not the heavy 300mm. I was thinking for the 18-105mm. What do you think?

I picked up the 18-105 for the exact same reason and I have very happy with it. I went to DIsney last christmas and the 18-55/55-200 combo would not have worked well. the 18-105 was a nice all aroud lens. The only time I used another lens was at animal kingdom I pulled out my 70-330 for the extra length.

I haven't been on a real vacation for quite a while but I really liked using the 18-105 VR lens. It really is a nice all-around lens for a DX camera. It does have some noticeable distortion on the wide end and f/5.6 on the telephoto is a pain (after using 2.8 glass and my primes anyway) but those are common trade-offs for a superzoom. All things considered though, it's a very good lens for its class!

Most reactions

Back