Which Nikon is Best, D.....

Have you got any pics of the lakes, it would be nice to see how they come out.

I went to the london meet yesterday with 3 lenses, I have the kit lens 18-55 I also have a 20mm prime lens, very nice, plus I have a sigma 70-300 it's not bad. I'm looking for a mid range lense now, somwhere in the region of 18-200, found it difficult at the meet, didnt have the right kit which meant I had to constantly change lenses or try and make do with what I had fitted.

I also have a 50 1.8 on order.

can anyone recommend a good mid range lens?

I am just sorting them out now, will get you a link when I've done them.

I also wanted one of those 18-200 jobbies, wither the tamron or the sigma, as a walkabout everyday lens, I've heard good things about the tamron in magazines, but not had any direct experience of them. Still, more mula. The 50mm is a good idea, again, another of what I'm going for!

I have handled a couple of tamron's, they felt clunky and were noisy. Much prefer sigma although I maybe not be the best person to comment as my experience is limited.

Be good to hear views from others with more experience.

It'll be good to see your pics.

well i got the d70s yes it was a bit more but had a few options i wanted with excecories i wanted that the d50 did not carry and is a different kind of card as well for storing the pics. i found it to be more user freindly than my budies who has the d50 while he does get the same shots i do really it is more on preferance there are a few add ons like the bttery pack that hols two baterries and what not that is not available fgor the d50 so look at over all at what you want . also if you want to have a back up and you will need different kins of memory cards for it keep that in mind so you will need different cards for both cameras

Thanks for the tips eerieknight, I've bought some glass but I'm still very tempted to upgrade to the D70s for the extra features and to have a backup.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back