Which of these is best

saabuldin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was looking at these bridge cameras. I just wanted to know which of these would you get if you had to choose one of them. I will post a link to the specs page as well.

Fujifilm finepix HS10
FinePix HS10 / HS11 : Specifications | Fujifilm Global

Canon powershot sx30 is
Canon Powershot SX30 IS Specification

Sony HX1
DSC-HX1 (DSCHX1) : Technical Specifications : Cameras & camcorders : Sony

Panasonic FZ38
LUMIX Digital Cameras - Super Zoom - DMC-FZ38 - Specification - UK & Ireland

thanks in advance

It's not easy to choose between these Super-Zooms.
The SX30 has the largest zoom range, but doesn't have RAW support.
The HS10 and HX1 have some better low light support.
The FZ35 (FZ38) has not external flash hot shoe, no RAW, and no flip lcd, but it's less expensive than the others.

If your budget is tight, get the FZ35.
If you want the most zoom, get the SX30.
If you want better low light support or a higher frames per second rate, get the Fuji or the Sony.

Another point worth mentioning is that the HS10 has a neat control over zooming and focusing, using the lens barrel itself, giving a feel which is much more DSLR-like than any other super zoom.

The FZ35 (FZ38) has not external flash hot shoe, no RAW, and no flip lcd,

Thanks for the advice. I just checked the panosonic specs, and it does have the raw option

I own the HS10 and love it. Fantastic photo quality, manual zoom, manual focus ring, RAW support, and a large zoom. Much more similar to a DSLR than some of the others.

The others listed only have a automatic zoom button like typical point and shoots, not the manual zoom. I like the manual zoom better for having more control over zooming in on tight spots. It also has a lot of extra features that I really like.

I suggest really researching the pro's and cons of each one and comparing them to each other. I, personally, love my Fuji HS10. I upgraded to that after having a Fuji S6000 for years (loved that camera as well).

Most reactions

Back