Which of these three things are in focus?

OLaA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been beginning to suspect one of my lenses are back focusing. I don't think it's by a huge amount but I notice something off about recent captures. This lens has always worked fantastically for me up until earlier this week. Not sure what could have happened. I love this lens! The one in question is Sigma 50mm 1.4 which I know have a reputation already. Anyway let me know what you see in the picture or am I just going out of my mind? Thanks!

1. $IMG_3463.jpg

2. $IMG_3469.jpg

Cork #3 and Oregano look most in focus to me.

Yeahh... I was hoping it was just me. Focus is on center object in both photos from about 8ft away. Corks are about 1" front and back and the planters about 2".

Let me guess, your camera is the D7000 ?

Nope. Canon 6D

Nope. Canon 6D

Oh, had back focus issues on my D7000.
I don't know Canon systems but on my D7000 I had fine tuning function which was VERY helpful and very easy to work with, I had to fine tune all my lenses back then.

Do a real focus check.

Cork #3 and Oregano look most in focus to me.

Yes, I agree with what PixelRabbit said. In shot #1 I also see a lot of what looks like purple CA, and in both shots there appears to be an overall "softness" across the entire image....just not "really SHARP", nor "really clear," you know? If these were shot wide-open, I could understand both issues.

Shot wide open and severely cropped. A proper test is the next step. I also want to test Tue body but unjust offed my lenses and awaiting the new ones to arrive. One of them should arrive tomorrow though.

Exactly. None of them look to be in focus.

They are in focus. As i said these were shot from 8-10ft away on a 50mm full frame camera cropped all the way down to frame wine corks. Uncropped image you wouldn't be able to tell.

The rightmost object in both appears to be the sharpest.

LoL. This sucks. I feel like I must have jinxed myself. Derrel and myself were just discussing this lens in another thread. I was giving my gloating impressions on it and all the sudden it decides to take a crap on me.

Most reactions

Back