Which of these two?

lds463

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Should I choose the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT with 18-55mm EF-S lens?

or the

Olympus Evolt E-500 with 14-45mm f/3.5-5.6 Zuiko EZ Zoom Lens & Olympus 40-150mm f/3.5-4.5 Zuiko EZ Zoom Lens

Yup couldn't be happier. Go to a store and hold either of the cameras in your hand and you'll get why reviewers like how the olympus feels in hand, not cheap plastic. Takes good pictures too ;) I have a few shots I'm proud of on here.

The kit lenses are rated very well compared to other kits as well.

Just one warning if you need high ISO shooting the Olympus does fall short of the canon XTi (dunno about the XT) above ISO800, but that might be because they decided for a less aggressive noise reduction to avoid the seran wrap look you get with heavy handed NR, plus the smaller sensor of course plays a role, even though it is a full frame transfer sensor keeping the random noise to a minimum.

thanks for the answer....first i gotta save up money.....but for now i found one of my parents old cameras not an slr....but i can choose the iso from 100,200,400 and flash.....gonna buy some film....do you if i can create any cool effects with the slider that puts a cover over the lens....i wish that slider would change the aperture

If you are looking at the Canon, try getting it with the 17-85 IS lens. A bit more, but well worth it IMO. It is a much better kit lens in build and image quality than the 17-55. Has very good range and image stabilization. There is also a kit with the 28-105 IS lens too. Haven't used that lens but the reviews are favorable. Not that wide on a crop camera though but has great reach. Hope that helps.

Between the two, i'd go with Canon. Not that there's anything wrong with the Olympus cameras, however, there is a greater selection of lenses for the Canon, which will not limit your choices, and when you decide to purchase a new body, there are more choices for bodies... thereby growing along with your lens collection if you will. I don't know if that makes sense to you or not lol.

Canon has more support both first party and 3rd party but the olympus has live view and is trying to put out more lenses.

Most reactions

Back