Which one would be better? Nikon 3300 or Canon t5i?

P_nut92

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, There is a deal at futureshop with bundle/kit packages for both canon t5i and nikon d3300
canon t5i comes with 18-55 mm IS STM lens, 75-300mm f/4-5.6 telephoto lens, bag and digipower replacement battery kit and its going for 949.99
and the nikon d3300 comes with 18-55 mm VR II lens, 55-200 mm f/4-5.6 VR telephoto lens, adventura DSLR bag and 32 GB extreme plus 80 MB/s SD card (also says 11-point AF system, 5 FPS continuous shooting)

I want to upgrade my point and shoot camera to have more control over my camera and such.
I enjoy taking both landscaping photos and portraits.
I would love to learn more and do more with my camera and photos.

So what do you guys think?

Thanks for your help!

Hello, There is a deal at futureshop with bundle/kit packages for both canon t5i and nikon d3300
canon t5i comes with 18-55 mm IS STM lens, 75-300mm f/4-5.6 telephoto lens, bag and digipower replacement battery kit and its going for 949.99
and the nikon d3300 comes with 18-55 mm VR II lens, 55-200 mm f/4-5.6 VR telephoto lens, adventura DSLR bag and 32 GB extreme plus 80 MB/s SD card (also says 11-point AF system, 5 FPS continuous shooting)

I want to upgrade my point and shoot camera to have more control over my camera and such.
I enjoy taking both landscaping photos and portraits.
I would love to learn more and do more with my camera and photos.

So what do you guys think?

Thanks for your help!

Well as a Nikon shooter I'm a bit biased myself, but for landscapes I'd go with the D3300 - better dynamic range and higher MP sensor will equate to better end results. For portraits either would really be a good choice.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I know I would choose the D3300; the D3300 has the biggest and best viewfinder image of any of the D3xxx series cameras Nikon has made. as KmH points out, the T4i and T5i are ridiculously close to being the same, exact camera with like two, utterly meaningless changes. Canon Rebel T4i vs T5i Comparison, What's the Difference?

D3300 hands down.

Saying that to get the results you want what you really need is to learn what makes an interesting picture and thats much more important then any camera or lens you will buy.

Good luck

Hi, Cutiepatootie. lol from yahoo answer. I vote D3300.

D3300 hands down.

Saying that to get the results you want what you really need is to learn what makes an interesting picture and thats much more important then any camera or lens you will buy.

Good luck

Thank you. I bought the D3300! And I have been doing research! Definitely getting a better understanding of the lingo and settings and such. I am excited to start shooting more!

And thank you to everyone else who answered!

Most reactions

Back