Which one would you buy? (Wireless Triggers)

About the v5s

Some dedicated flashes (e.g. Nissin Di-622 and Di-466, Sunpak PZ42x and PZ30, Sigma EF-530/500 DG ST for Canon, etc.) are triggered via system-specific pins instead of the central contact of the hot shoe. Cactus V5 does not work with these flash models. To check whether your dedicated flash units are compatible with Cactus V5, try attaching them to a camera of other brand (e.g. attaching a Nikon TTL flash to a Canon DSLR camera). If the flash can be triggered, it will work with Cactus V5.

I'll have to bring my nissin flash to my job and throw it on a nikon to see if it works. I love my Nissin and it would be a bummer if it didn't work :/

Huh, that's strange. I have a 430EX II and a Sunpak PZ42x, and they definitely both work. However I am using Cactus V4s.

im debating the V5s myself...i like the flexibility of the receivers having the ability to transmit, and vice-versa...IF i read the description right. lol

I really wish they had a 3 pack. I don't see why they wouldn't. Probably just want to make an extra $5 if someone wants a third transreciever. Jerks ... Anyone in central jersey wanna split a two pack with me? Haha I'm such a cheap bastard.

yes they can, they even come with cable with a 1/4" plug for studio light. I have the v5's and like them a lot. My only complaint is that the stands that come with them are a little flimsy.

According to my local camera shop the Nissin di622 will fire with the pocket wizard wireless system (non ettl) so I shouldn't have any problems with the cactus v5??

If you bring the flash to the local camera store and have it mount on a different brand camera (such as Nikon), if it fire (manually), I think it should work.

I could have tried it at work today but I forgot. I'll try to remember to bring it tomorrow and try it. I'll update tomorrow I guess :/

For the record the nissin di622 for canon can fire on a nikon d3100 in manual mode. Thus it should work for the cactus v5 ... right?? im ordering my cactus v5s right now from gadget infinity

ugh, well what should i do? should i sell this flash and buy some vivitar 285v's?

Most reactions

Back