Which one?

sashbar

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was offered to take part in an small exhibition (nothing special, just a local club level one). The name in English would be probably something like "Funny things around us". I am thinking about probably sending one or max two images but would like to check with you guys. All three images here have some funny side as far as I am concerned (which is the main point) but all three are not really an exhibition level in terms of IQ, to put it mildly. So if you know how to improve IQ here and there, that would be great also.
If you think the images are just not worth it, do not hesitate to let me know. No offence will be taken :playball: You know, sense of humour is a very personal thing..

1/ Taking the Mickey:

$Taking the Mickey.jpg

2/ Hungry Head

$Lunch 1_4 web.jpg

3/ Picture At An Exhibition

$Pic an Exh web.jpg

#3 for me. I really like that shot.

#1 is clever, but it doesn't do much for me.

#2 does absolutely nothing for me. I see where you were going with it, but I think it completely failed.

I'm not the biggest fan of street shots in general, they always seem very pull and pray to me, just to let you know where I'm coming from.

Thanks Braineack. I was considering another one, which is different, not quite a street shot, and it is humorous, but I am not sure if it fits the agenda:

4/ The Envelope

$Envelope web.jpg

In terms of the exhibition, I think the first two fit in better than the third and fourth. The second two are very strong graphically and they are interesting, but are they "funny things around us" or are they "cool graphic things around us"?

I like "Taking the Mickey" the best (and the name is really clever too!)

#1 is cool. I'd like to see it in colour (such balloons are outrageously colourful).

#3 is witty, not necessarily funny. I like this shot a lot but if the focus is funny, perhaps not.

I don't like the overall feel of #2. Perhaps it's the crop, I don't know...

#4 is great and I will also be trying this out; but it's more unusual than funny. Perculiar is the word I'd use, and maybe funny ha-ha is what is required?

#1 is cool. I'd like to see it in colour (such balloons are outrageously colourful).

They are colourful. I have spent about half an hour around that man, trying different angles etc. In the end I was trying a shot with balloons on the forefront and f/22 , when that shot came up. I had no time whatsoever, and I shot it with f/22 hence the quality. But I am still happy about the image. I did not want it in colour, because it would draw to much attention, the main subject here is in the different part of the frame.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back