Which Photo Camera to choose..

Gozzila100

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello.. i am new in photography and i start to taking photos with my sisters digital camera Kodak M320. I start to love pgotography i want to do my fist steps... I would like o buy a digital camera and i havent got the expirience to choose the corect one.. I would like to buy somethin not too expensive, but not bad quality,too... Would you like to suggest me some choices? Thanks a lot!!

PS: Sorry for my English!! :)

it is not too expensive for a begginer? i think the price will be close to 500$. But if the quality is the best i can try for it..
Is it a rist to take a digital camera from internet or buy used?

Last edited:
Those cameras are considered entry level DSLR. If youre looking for something less expensive there are used DSLR's over at Adorama & B&H. Those two online camera store are very trust worthy and safe!

Thanks for informations.. i will take a look and if i got any answer i will ask you.. :)
Can you tell me about lens? the lenses which are given as a gift with body are good quality?

Do you know if you want a DSLR? A camera that is quite a bit larger and takes interchangeable lenses.

Or are you looking for something that you may be more willing to carry with you in a coat pocket that takes pretty good quality images?

Not everyone is up to owning a DSLR just because they are interested in photography. There are a lot of nice images made by point and shoots every day that run under the $500 mark that have features that will exceed most beginners skill level.

Take a good long look at some of the options there are in P&S cameras...... don't let the DSLR snobs that most of us here are rule these options out.

In no particular order of choice...

Canon Powershots..... either G11 or G12

Nikon L110 or P100

Olympus SP 590 UZ

Sony DSC-HX1

i think that if i am going to buy a camera it will be better to buy something good, not just a camera.. i would be better to spend a bit more money for something normal quality.. DSLR camera not too expensive i think i will be good...

whta do you think about Canon Eos 450d with efs 18 - 55 is 2??? i found it 400$

whta do you think about Canon Eos 450d with efs 18 - 55 is 2??? i found it 400$

This is last generation i would take the d5100 or 3100 over that, if you pick up that kit, i would buy a 50 1.8 along with it. I am not too sure about canon's offerings but i think the t1i or the t2i are more what you should be looking at. Also if you are serious about quality than $500 is chump change for SLR. I think the d3100 and d5100 feel like plastic toys after handling some of the higher end bodies. This isn't to say say they aren't GREAT cameras, and both can produce phenomenal results.

Another note, If you want absolute quality, it doesn't come from the camera, it comes from the lens. There are very few lenses under $500 that are quality, the ones off the top of my head are the prime 50's and 35 1.8's.

What i would do is pickup a used D5000, they are about $350 used over in the states, not sure about Greece, also i would pick up a 18-55 Vr and 35mm 1.8 with it. This was my first setup and is about $550. I would take this over a d5100 with a 18-55 or d3100 with a 18-55 any day.
Last note, if you feel that you will be shooting mostly for fun or just for family gatherings and such, maybe take a look at micro 4/3's as well.

thanks for informations.. i look for a camera on e-bay, used or new cameras, and i found some cameras with 2 lenses in set.. like this one Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital SLR Camera 18-55 & 75-300mm | eBay someone told me that the lenses which are as gifts with a body are not good quality, but is that normal?
about your suggestions i am sure they are better, so i will try to find a good price abou used.. or i will buy new but later.. :(

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
thanks for informations.. i look for a camera on e-bay, used or new cameras, and i found some cameras with 2 lenses in set.. like this one Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital SLR Camera 18-55 & 75-300mm | eBay someone told me that the lenses which are as gifts with a body are not good quality, but is that normal?about your suggestions i am sure they are better, so i will try to find a good price abou used.. or i will buy new but later.. :(
The 18-55 lens for Nikon isn't bad but it's not as good as professional grade lenses. I am not sure about canon but I bet they are about the same. The 18-55 is a very useful lens the 75-300 is most likely a slow zoom and is mostly for consumers. They are very good quality for the price, a professional grade 17-55 Nikon costs $1500 brand new, see what I mean when I say that $500 is not much for a camera? Don't worry about the 18-55 not being amazing quality, in the end you can get same pictures out of both lenses. Just buy the camera you like and learn it, you don't need the best quality for everything.

sure.. you are right.. today i visited a shop here in greece and i saw Nicon D3100 with the same lenses as Canon on 520$ (470e) so i think is the perfect choice for me.. but the 10.2 mpxl isnt bad?

10 megapixels is okay, but it could be small depending what you weant to shoot. If you'll do a lot of studio work where you need the finest detail, or nature/landscapig shots, it may not be enough.

For your average every-day use, it will be good enough. You just won't be able to crop images too much or look at 100% crops.

10.2 mega pixel is Plenty! You can get 12x12's out of that no problem, if you feel you need more, go with the canon. Basically the decision you make now means that you will be buying the same brand in the future. Personally I think canon is more affordable than Nikon, and at the end of the day, they both take pictures well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back