Which photography class is right for me?

prodigy2k7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Photo 101
Photograph Possibilities
Portrait Photography
Conceptual Photography
Lighting and Studio Techniques
Color Photography
Advanced Digital Photography
Digital Capture Workflow

Those are the classes, Im too lazy to type everything (The info for each class, so ill scan it...bbl)

I want kind of generic classes, I dont want anything too specific yet, at least I dont think?

People say a degree in photography is good, what EXACTLY does that mean? "degree in photography" sounds so basic... like, what classes are needed for that etc...

There is a "ad" in this section too....it shows something like:

PHOTOGRAPHY & DIGITAL IMAGING
AA DEGREE & CERTIFICATED AVAILABLE
Advertising and Illustrative Photography
Color Photography
Creative Photo Arts
Multimedia Photography
Portrait and Wedding Photography
Specialty in Photography Basic Skills
Digital Photography

Photo 101 C - INTRODUCTION TO PHOTOGRAPHY
Fully UC and CSU transferable.
Fulfills art requirements.

So what is a AA degree/certificate? Whats required to get a photography AA degree?

This is a community college, not 4 year. I dont plan on going to a four year at all. I just want a few photography classes that will help me in my photography future...

with my school, which is also a community college, you can talk to the consolers, and people who help you with classes, to see what all you would need to take to get an AA, which stands for Associates of Arts Degree, basically an associates degree in art. with most you will also need general ed classes, such as math, science, composition, i would also suggest a speech class. its better to get the gen ed classes done at the community college where it is cheaper.

boo i dont want to take math/english etc... I only wanted photo classes :p like one or two per semester

lol, thats the unfortunate side effect of getting a degree. the way im going right now, im taking about 15 credits a semester usually 2 sometimes three being art classes.... oh also, you would probably have to take design, and drawing classes, beings that it is an arts degree.

I went to a local university here in Montreal who offer Continuing Education courses. As the courses are non credited, they have a much more open (and up to date) curriculum to offer.

No need to take any non photo class. My class list is as follows:

Visual Communications / Camera I (a prerep for many of the other courses)
Photographic Styles / Camera II
Light and Subject / Concept Development
Photoshop I
Fashion Photog
Portraits and Wedding Photog
Product Photog

Then I chose 2 from the following 6
Fashion II
Photojournalism I
Photojournalism II
Sports
Photoshop II
Photoshop III

This makes up my degree. A degree means that you get enough exposure in the basics and are able to advance a bit more in depth in certain fields of interest.

Really depends on how far you want to take photography. These are all good classes, but (arguably) if you want to play ball in the field you need to look into some 4 year schools that offer a BA.

Love & Bass

Boo, i dont have time to invest that kind of time, lol (ironic)
does a "degree in photography" mean AA or BA or what, what kind of degree? That confuses me....

Depends on the school. I'd call them to see.

To be valide for a BA or such "official" degree, the classes need to be credited. The courses and degree I am following are non-credited, so I just get a diploma, not a BA.

Being non-credited, I cannot use these in other courses or programs to get an equivalency and skip some courses.

Is it as recognized? Depends on who is looking at it.

Those are the classes, Im too lazy to type everything (The info for each class, so ill scan it...bbl)

I want kind of generic classes, I dont want anything too specific yet, at least I dont think?

People say a degree in photography is good, what EXACTLY does that mean? "degree in photography" sounds so basic... like, what classes are needed for that etc...

This is a community college, not 4 year. I dont plan on going to a four year at all. I just want a few photography classes that will help me in my photography future...

boo i dont want to take math/english etc... I only wanted photo classes :p like one or two per semester

Boo, i dont have time to invest that kind of time, lol (ironic)
does a "degree in photography" mean AA or BA or what, what kind of degree? That confuses me....

Are you really sure this is what you want to do?

It is work you know, ...

Well I dont have time, I have a current part time job for December, and January, I think the semester starts before I get laid off... So I would have to wait for next next semester if I wanted to go full time. I just want a class for now... I don't know where to start... I dont want a too specific class but I dont want a class that isnt good towards any degree.

you dont have a flexible job, I work and go to school full time. my work, works around my school schedule. now granted i dont work a lot, and i dont have a lot of money, but a Associates degree or Bachelors degree are well worth it in the long run.

Then start with 101c.

Good luck, best wishes, stay motivated and keep up the energy!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back