Which Polaroid would you choose?

BoyBoy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi people! I'm kinda stuck in choosing a polaroid as a gift.

Just wondering, which would you choose?
- polaroid one-step
- polaroid one600 pro
- sx-70
- polaroid pronto land sonar onestep

Since i'm a digital user, i'm really new to these things. pls help me out?
I was told by the seller that he prefers the sx-70 before of the blurred background, despite an iso of 160 only.

well, first of all, sx-70 film is no longer made and if one can find some, it is going to be out of date which can be fun or a failure.

fuji does make a film that can be used in the one-step, but you better do some research on that just to confirm.

there is a project to bring back some types of polaroid film but as a serious user of polariod products i am not holding my breath.

so, bottom line, be careful even if the camera cost 5 dollars, if you can't find film it becomes something to sit on a book shelf.

Right now, at least in my area, Polaroid film is hard to come by. I did manage to find some at Black's Photography, but they wanted almost $40 for a single pack (10 pics) yeah right!

Pick on that accepts 600 film, you might have better luck running across some plus there are a couple of websites that still sell it.

FYI, a sx-70 can be modified to fix 600 film, but I've never tried it.

loopy is correct the sx-700 an be changed with a wratten filter over the sensor. i had forgotten that as i only use that format and film for manilpulation and the 600 film won't do that, so.........sorry

there was a film available for the sx called Blend SX-70 film and it may still be available, but since it won't do what i want i just had forgotten about it as well; however, if you want a straight polariod print, it will do the job.

thanks for the replies! :)
I was told it 'comes with a re-usable ND filter so can use normal 600 films.'

*sorry, am referring to the SX-70

understood. and i believe you just have to tape the filter over the sensor.

yup yup,

so, of all the choices above, which would you choose?

Any filter reduces the light that passes through it. If you place a filter over the sensor, the light reduction will cause the sensor to increase the exposure. Exactly the opposite of what you want when trying to use Type 600 film in a camera made for SX-70 film.

In addition to modifications to allow the cartridges to physically fit, you need a filter as follows:

1. Slow SX-70 film in a camera calibrated for the faster T600: filter over the sensor to trick the camera into increasing the exposure.

2. Fast T600 film in a camera calibrated for the slower SX-70:filter over lens or over film cartridge to keep the camera from overexposing the faster film.

In either case, the necessary filter is approximately a 2 stop ND (2 stops = 4x factor = ND 0.6).

Hi people! I'm kinda stuck in choosing a polaroid as a gift.

Just wondering, which would you choose?
- polaroid one-step
- polaroid one600 pro
- sx-70
- polaroid pronto land sonar onestep

Since i'm a digital user, i'm really new to these things. pls help me out?
I was told by the seller that he prefers the sx-70 before of the blurred background, despite an iso of 160 only.

'Tis an old post, so you probably already bought the camera.

If you aren't too hung up about integral film (the kind that develops in front of your eyes) you can find best deals on pack film cameras (the kind that you peel apart after about a minute).

Fuji still make film for Pack film camera and its quite good (FP-100c, FP-3000). Though Polaroid went out of business, there is heaps of pola pack film available, such as 669, 690 and my fav ID-UV. These will fit nearly any old polaroid pack film camera that you buy for peanuts, especially if you live in the USA. Google 'Rwhirled' for more info.

The impossible project is bringing back 'sx-70' film sometime next year. Fuji makes similar integral film, which not compatible with polaroid cameras. The come in mini (business card size) and wide formats. They can be picked up on the cheap from ebay as well.

If you have not already done so, buy the 600, the planning on re-releasing 600 film in 2010 so it should be readily available and cost less than the silly prices the last bits of stock are going for now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back