Which should I use?

Shutterbug MOM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently am using Corel Paintshop Pro XI, but there is not a lot of resourses to go to for help with it. So I want to invest in Adobe Photoshop. I will mostly do it for myself at the moment and possible friends ever now and again with the hope of something more later. Should I go ahead and get Photoshop Elements 5 or should I get CS2 or 3? Does anyone know if Elements 5 can be upgraded to anything better like 7 or even CS? Thank you so much for your help.

Get Photoshop 7

there is no need for cs, cs2 or 3.

ps7 is older so you will save BIG $$$ and you can do everything you can possibly want with it.

Mike

P.S Do not bother with elements...you will be disappointed

Thank you so much for your help. I have been debating that for weeks now. So glad to finally get an opinion from someone else.

Hi,

I don't know what you need to use the package for, so I can't say what version of PS would suit. However, I believe you can get evaluation copies for free that will allow you to test and see what suits you.

As a side issue, I also use Picasa which is a quick fix for basic problems, maybe that will be of use to you too if you don't have it already.

Good luck!

Currently I have amazing pictures of Hawaii and my children that I would love to play with. I try to take at least 20 pictures or more a day and I find lots of photos that I would love to play with and alter. I see all of these amazing pictures that inspire me. I love the collages and the amazing b/w pictures with great tones in them. Its really just for my own pleasure at the moment. I have been told by family that they have pictures they would love worked on also. Maybe one day I will branch out from family when I get to know the program. I just want something that is upgradeable since I am spending the money.

Get Photoshop 7

there is no need for cs, cs2 or 3.

ps7 is older so you will save BIG $$$ and you can do everything you can possibly want with it.

Mike

P.S Do not bother with elements...you will be disappointed

Except HDR...which can be fun! The actual function is only in CS2 and 3.

Currently I have amazing pictures of Hawaii and my children that I would love to play with. I try to take at least 20 pictures or more a day and I find lots of photos that I would love to play with and alter. I see all of these amazing pictures that inspire me. I love the collages and the amazing b/w pictures with great tones in them. Its really just for my own pleasure at the moment. I have been told by family that they have pictures they would love worked on also. Maybe one day I will branch out from family when I get to know the program. I just want something that is upgradeable since I am spending the money.

......could be GIMP. Its free and does most of what Photoshop does. I have seen the results and they are pretty darned impressive.

I bought CS2 today. I really have become interested in HDR lately and wanted to give myself all the opportunities to learn that I can. Hopefully CS2 will be great for me. I got a great deal on it.

I bought CS2 today. I really have become interested in HDR lately and wanted to give myself all the opportunities to learn that I can. Hopefully CS2 will be great for me. I got a great deal on it.

I can't get good results in CS2 for HDR. In my opinion, photomatix works much better. And if by chance you are a student, you can get the full pro version for about $30, heck of a deal, I just need to get it yet.

Actually there are separate programs for HDR such as HDRshop and others.

skieur

I use both Photoshop and Corel Paint Shop Pro. For speed, I often just use Paint Shop Pro to make a selection or remove noise, and then go into plug-ins such as software filters to improve the sky or add punch to the colour of particular areas of the photo. Photoshop is great for detailed work but it can be very time consuming.

skieur

I don't really like most HDR imagery. Most look totally false - there's very few really good HDR images.

CS2 is great and you'll enjoy the learning process. Buy a good book to help. Look out for books by Scott Kelby - a photoshop master.

I don't really like most HDR imagery. Most look totally false - there's very few really good HDR images.

CS2 is great and you'll enjoy the learning process. Buy a good book to help. Look out for books by Scott Kelby - a photoshop master.

Thank you so much for all of your advise.

Actually there are separate programs for HDR such as HDRshop and others.

skieur

Actually I was referring to a difference between photoshops prior to CS2 and 3.

Most reactions

Back