Which Sunset?

sillyphaunt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bugshots.net
I am going to be giving this picture as an 8x10 to my Father in Law, and can't decide which PS treatment I like best. I know they're not TOO different, but enough to give me greif. :lol:

Tech Info: Shot on Canon Elan7, Fuji Sensia ISO400 Slide film, Scanned from a print. I can't remember the other stats, Sorry!

sunset.jpg

sunsetgoth.jpg

i like both, but the second one probably more because it isnt so BAM! as the first one is, that bright yellow really pulls my eye away from the rest of the image, which is a shame, because the rest of the image is what makes it (the ducks and bridge)

I think the second one too. I like the clouds better in that one. Great job. Your father in law is going to love it!

I think the first one. For me, the texture in the sky on the second is too much.

Aaron

oh i didnt even notice the texture in the second before. can i change my mind? :D

sillyphaunt: i would suggest darkening the bright yellow on the left of the first image to tone it down a bit and then use that one, because the colors are better, it's just that light is distracting i think.

Just to make it more indecesive, I would say both. I like the muted sunlight in the second, particularly the way it darkens the spot to the far left so it's less distracting and keeps the eye in the frame. It just has a more comfortable feeling.

On the other hand, I love the texture of the clouds in the first, which is lost in the second, and the slight increase in detail that can be seen around the horizon and its reflection.

Of course, overall that doesn't help much unless you're willing to spend a good deal of time in Photoshop trying to marry the two images or find a happy medium. So, to save you that angst, I would say the second. The overall mood wins out over texture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back