Which tripod for a tall broke person??

deudeu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I am in the middle of my quest for the tripod that will make me happy. I have been looking for a while and I can't really figure it out!

Here is my story:

I am broke. I know you most often get what you pay for, but price should be as low as possible. I want something good and sturdy that will last me forever but if i can find that for little $$$ that would be quite nice.

I am tall. By tall I mean 6'5 or 1m96. I know i will have to bend down a bit but the taller the tripod the better.

I have a GX-10 and i am broke so my lens collection is and will be limited for a while. I don't think that i will invest in a 500mm before a while so i think that something that can support a total of 12 to 13lb should be enough (camera plus lens shouldn't be more than 8lb but i figured i should go a little over that just to have something extra sturdy).

I would like to be able to shoot from a variety of angles. So it would be nice if i could find a tripod that can get down low.

Thank you very much to those who know for helping us!

Check out this tripod at B&H. I just bought one and this thing is built like a tank. Its a little on the heavy side but very sturdy. I also added this ball head but the pan & tilt head that came with it is very nice. I use the ball head with my canon xti and the pan & tilt with my video camera.

This is a very nice tripod. I highly recommend it!

I know what it feels like to be broke, so what I would consider is looking at telescope tripods (cheap ones) at garage sales or whatever and engineer some type of connection or ball on that. I have an old cheap telescope in storage and if I remember right, the threads to mount the telescope are about the same size as the camera mount. Even if it isn't, you could probably find something to work at a hardware store.

Hope this helps.
Crosby

Check out this tripod at B&H. I just bought one and this thing is built like a tank. Its a little on the heavy side but very sturdy. I also added this ball head but the pan & tilt head that came with it is very nice. I use the ball head with my canon xti and the pan & tilt with my video camera.

This is a very nice tripod. I highly recommend it!

I actually looked at that exact same setup. I don't know about the SLIK pro 700 though. It is cheap, and big, but i was wondering how easy it was to carry something this big around.

How do you like the Cullman ballhead? I was looking at this one and the 10Nm one. Has it been treating you well?

A tripod and ballhead are on their way. I finally to take a chance and go for a somewhat obscure brand: Induro.
It is a bit more expensive than the slik, but a bit lighter and it goes down lower. And it is cheaper than the Manfrotto equivalent.
I haven't found many reviews of this stuff, but the few people who do use it are not saying anything bad.
I hope that i won't regret!

Most reactions

Back