Which tripod?

N E Williams

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
nathanewilliams.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am after a tripod for my Nikon D3000 and am a beginner and my maximum limit is about £60, I was looking at some of the Manfrotto tripods as I read they are a good manufacturer, then I was looking around a bit more and saw quite a lot of good reviews for a tripod called Hama Star 62, I looked at the price and was surprised how affordable this tripod is, how good is it as I've noticed it has good reviews but just wanted peoples opinions on here.

Thanks
Nathan Williams

I own a set of carbon fiber Manfrotto legs, and I love them so much. They are extremely stable, strong, adjustable, etc. They cost a ton too though.

I also own a set of much cheaper aluminum Slik legs, and they are good too. At least for what they cost that is.

This about all I can tell you based on my experience.

Neil

I own a set of carbon fiber Manfrotto legs, and I love them so much. They are extremely stable, strong, adjustable, etc. They cost a ton too though.

I also own a set of much cheaper aluminum Slik legs, and they are good too. At least for what they cost that is.

This about all I can tell you based on my experience.

Neil

Thank you Neil for your reply :) I will take a look at the Slik range of tripods now, anyone else have any comments about the Hama Star 62 or any other tripods they recommend for under £60?

A recent Scientific American magazine article documented how unreliable online forum product recommendations are.

People tend to validate their own product buying decisions by ignoring, or failing to inform others of, deficiencies and problems with their purchases.

A good, well built, well-respected name manufactured tripod will serve for 20+ years with proper maintanence and care. CPOS tripods will fail and be replaced on a regular basis, ultimately being more costly in the long run.

Of course, you may not know that you will be doing photography for 20+ years. At least the well built, but more expensive, well-respected name manufactured tripod will retain re-sale value.

A recent Scientific American magazine article documented how unreliable online forum product recommendations are.

People tend to validate their own product buying decisions by ignoring, or failing to inform others of, deficiencies and problems with their purchases.

A good, well built, well-respected name manufactured tripod will serve for 20+ years with proper maintanence and care. CPOS tripods will fail and be replaced on a regular basis, ultimately being more costly in the long run.

Of course, you may not know that you will be doing photography for 20+ years. At least the well built, but more expensive, well-respected name manufactured tripod will retain re-sale value.

Thanks buddy, I'll just go on my own gut feeling. Cheers for the advice

Most reactions

Back