Which wide angle lens should i choose?

It hasn't been too pronounced so far, but then again, i haven't finished post production on any of the shots from that lens yet so it's too early to say, but I don't expect any severe problems.

There is a HUGE review of these 4 lenses on kenrockwell.com

There is a HUGE review of these 4 lenses on kenrockwell.com

I'm sorry, although Ken has some valid points, I do not trust him on equipment tests. A man that claims "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The new 18 - 200 VR lens is all 90% of everything anyone would want for everything." just has a slightly different view on things than I do.

(the 18-200 VR is a nice lens for its purpose, but for 90% of my work I use other lenses)
[/FONT]

Yeah, I actually, as a noob, respected Ken's reviews until I read the 18-200 VR review, and realized he's GOT TO BE sponsored by Nikon, because I don't even think he mentions the lens creep issues or it's lack of "sharpness" at diff focal lengths. . .but he does review the 12-24 in favorable light, and when compared to the Sigma, which he hates because of its cheap quality, it seems like for those that want the "widest" should go with it. . .

Yeah, I actually, as a noob, respected Ken's reviews until I read the 18-200 VR review, and realized he's GOT TO BE sponsored by Nikon, because I don't even think he mentions the lens creep issues or it's lack of "sharpness" at diff focal lengths. . .but he does review the 12-24 in favorable light, and when compared to the Sigma, which he hates because of its cheap quality, it seems like for those that want the "widest" should go with it. . .

I guess we can't blame Ken, being that this is his personal website and opinions. I prefer sites with less opinions and more facts so that I can make my own conclusions based on my way of working.

I do agree with him though that a lot of photographers are more concerned with equipment than making great photos. But that is not a reason for embracing crappy equipment if you can afford better.

Most reactions

Back