whinge

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
I don't get sick. Well, now and then I do but not very often. About once a year normally around this time.

I woke up Saturday with pain underneath my left knee and I was a bit light-headed. It was freezing in the house and my head was hurting so in the afternoon I got into bed. That's where I stayed for the rest of the day doing lots of shivering. Everything but my feet was warm, but I had goose bumps up my arms and legs. The sore throat travelled down to my chest and when I coughed it felt raw. I dozed a bit. I can only sleep during the day when I'm really really tired or not well. Around 6:30 I went downstairs for something to eat. My head had got worse and my walk was more of a drunken stagger. I couldn't stand up straight and by eyes felt heavy. So I took a couple of paracetamol. They seemed to work after about an hour and the only thing wrong with me was my throat/chest and I felt hot. They wore off around 11pm which is when I tried to go to sleep. I kept waking up during the night convinced I'd made a machine which told you the meaning of your name when you spoke into it.

I dragged myself out of bed around 10am this morning and had a shower. Just as I was putting shampoo in my hair the hot water ran out because my sister had been in there for so long before me. So I had to slip on some clothes and stand around on a cold kitchen floor waiting for a couple of kettles to boil. I felt groggy for the rest of the day but wasn't too bad.

This morning I was fine, until I moved. I've got one of those headaches which make your head throb when you move it. I'm stopped when I walk, but left knee hurts again, I was shivery until I started writing this and I'm now really hot. The cough has gotten worse and I've taken something for it. My back aches but that'll be down to me spending so long on it. I'm taking the day off of work because I'd be no help there. So expect even more nonsensical posts today as I try and amuse myself.

I'm going to have a nice hot curry tonight from the local takeaway. That should help things........

You sound like you might need to go and see your GP!?!?!? You may have caught the real flu that knocks you out for weeks (you wouldn't be the first, nor the only one in the UK to catch this...).
I'm worried!
Get better!!!

If LaFoto is right i'd go see your GP pretty soon... I managed to get this a few years back when I was still at school and was totally unable to do anything for 6 weeks... I just felt awful 24/7.

That sounds awful. I hope the curry helps, but if not time to see the doctor and make sure you're okay!

Ya know...I thought I'd had the flu before. But from hearing people talk, I guess I've just had some mild thing that pales in comparison. Flu for SIX WEEKS??? I haven't had it more than a few days. Wow. :pale:

Thanks. I'm feeling better now. Still a slightly iffy head which will probably be nasty in the morning and my throat hurts when I cough. Other than that, I'm normal (I know that's debatable at the best of times...).

That' be pretty hard. And not just because I'm a man. :oops: :(

I'm taking another day off work. My head wasn't that bad this morning until after I had my shower. My back, ribs and stomach ache from the coughing. :meh:
I'm not that bad. But I'd be standing around in the cold doing lots of shouting today and I don't think that'd do my throat any good.

Sorry you're not feeling well, Ferny. But, I've got a great office type job and it's nice and warm. Thought you might what to do my job for a day and I'll go home and get some sleep and do my homework. See you in a few hours then? Great! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back