Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
some shots of random things on a white background

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

seems like your white balance is off. That would be why your background looks kinda dingy dirty white.

Shadows are wrong too, pretty poor. Have different light sources. An omni light cast a pretty dramatic shadow.

I have that same riverboat sharpener....

I agree, you need some more lights, your placement is fine but lighting needs an overhaul.

Lighting for this stuff can be as basic as can be as long as the basics are covered. for all my white BG'd stuff all I used was two table lamps and one overhead celing light, all with flouresent bulbs and a white sheet of paper.

Here is a link that you might find interesting. You still need a proper white balance and a bit of curve adjusting in Photoshop. But I made such a light box last week and it works perfectly fine.

Here is a link to a thread with my first result.

I have that same riverboat sharpener....

I agree, you need some more lights, your placement is fine but lighting needs an overhaul.

Lighting for this stuff can be as basic as can be as long as the basics are covered. for all my white BG'd stuff all I used was two table lamps and one overhead celing light, all with flouresent bulbs and a white sheet of paper.

i was using 1 table lamp and a ceiling light and a sheet of poster board. thanks, and thanks for that link jeroen.

i was using 1 table lamp and a ceiling light and a sheet of poster board. thanks, and thanks for that link jeroen.

How big is the over head?

and a second lamp will have better results, here and here are two threads with my results from the two lamps and the overhead.

*EDIT*
Oh yeah, I used the peice of paper that came with the poster board, it was glossed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back