White balanace ?

MyaLover

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How do I adjust the white balance on my camera? I have a whiet background and things look yellow

Depends upon the camera but there should be a WB setting in the menu. Auto tends to give funny results so set it to the colour temp of the lights you are using.
Sunlight is about 5,400K and above.
Blue sky is 10,000K and above.
Typical domestic tungsten lamps 2,800K for 100W

Put something white under your light source. Adjust the WB until it looks right - although getting the WB right can often make the overall colour look wrong.
If you shoot in RAW then you can always adjust the WB in post-processing.

If you are not shooting digital but are using film then you are probably shooting Daylight film in tungsten/artificial light or evening sunlight.
Use tungsten balanced film if you can find it or get yourself some Wratten filters to compensate (learning about Mireds will help here).

Nice tutorial.

For me I could not be bothered with WB settings in camera. I set it to auto, shoot in RAW and adjust perfectly in post production.

Most experienced users who have a camera that shoots RAW do this for the convenience alone.

In my camera, the AUTO setting comes very close and the majority of thetime doesn't need adjusting. The times it does, it's just an easy tweak.

sometimes i will do a custom WB in camera

Most reactions

Back