White Balance...

BuS_RiDeR

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
mdlphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking through some old pics (like from the late 90's/early 2000s) and I came across this shot which was taken on a mountain top in Eastern Canada, shorty after a snow storm. I used a Canon Elan II with Kodak ISO 200 and AP of 18 or 22... I think... I don't recall for sure.

My question... is this TOO bright? I like it. But I am unsure if its too white or not.

trees1.jpg

I appologize for the small pic sice... I can not find the original to re-scan.

Last edited:
I dont see anything wrong with it. I have spent many hours on mountains just like that, and thats how it looked when I was right there in the fluff of it.
So I would say, good to go. I mean it is white snow, if you made it "less bright" you would begin to close in on gray...

Great. Thank you. :)

I don't have the best vision (I wear think glasses) and sometimes I miss things I should see... As far as shading and color goes.

In fact, with my eyesight I am pretty happy to hear that others can see my art the same way I do.

That's gotta be a hard thing, bad eyesight and photography. I think it looks great also. Keep it up.

I don't have the best vision (I wear think glasses) and sometimes I miss things I should see... As far as shading and color goes.
This routinely happens to people with perfect eyes.

I wear thick glasses too, but I've never used it as an excuse for my images.

Be sure to have your eyeglass lens prescription updated regularly.

It's not white balance, it is contrast. You could decrease the contrast somewhat and get detail in the snow but it is your image so you do it how you like it.

That's gotta be a hard thing, bad eyesight and photography. I think it looks great also. Keep it up.

Yeah it makes it challenging. But I enjoy it. I find that It allows me to see things differently. Potentially allowing for a great shot.

Positive thinking is important to me....

Most reactions

Back