White Lipped Green Frog

2Stupid2Duck

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photoslamour.com
An interesting little chap I spent a half a damn night chasing all around tropical Cairns.

Frog.jpg

Wow.
Now look at his colour! He is my friend already!!!
And where did this equally cool light come from?
And was it really night, as both light and black background suggest?

I love the clarity and sharpness here, and DOF and just about EVERYTHING!

He looks like he quite deliberately posed for you just so to have his photo taken.
But you say you had to chase him all about Cairns all night?
What were you doing in Cairns, anyway!?!? ;) I mean: other than chasing frogs?

WOW - that's wonderful

Well thanks everyone.

LaPhoto - I have changed jobs. I don't run the children's jails in the state any more. I am now in charge of disaster recovery for the state. I was in Cairns for a meeting to prepare for the cyclone season (which coincides with the yule tide season for us).

I was in the bar at the hotel when I spotted the little bugger sitting on a wooden railing outside. I might have had a few rum and cokes, so I ran back to my room and grabbed the camera. He was kind enough to sit still for a few shots but then started hopping all over the place (with me chasing him yelling "Stand still, ya lil' green b@st@rd!). The other guests were quite amused.

Woulda been better if I had a macro lens, but alcohol usually subsitutes for the correct lens, and it did. LOL.

2Stupid2Duck said:
Well thanks everyone.

LaPhoto - I have changed jobs. I don't run the children's jails in the state any more. I am now in charge of disaster recovery for the state. I was in Cairns for a meeting to prepare for the cyclone season (which coincides with the yule tide season for us).

I was in the bar at the hotel when I spotted the little bugger sitting on a wooden railing outside. I might have had a few rum and cokes, so I ran back to my room and grabbed the camera. He was kind enough to sit still for a few shots but then started hopping all over the place (with me chasing him yelling "Stand still, ya lil' green b@st@rd!). The other guests were quite amused.

Woulda been better if I had a macro lens, but alcohol usually subsitutes for the correct lens, and it did. LOL.

As am I! :lol: That made me laugh out loud. :p

Fantastic shot, ducky! And good to see you again! :D (or have you been back, and I just haven't seen you?)

i hate you for taking such nice pictures :)

(that was a compliment!!!)

Thanks Alex.

And yeah, Corrie. I like to wander through periodically in me spare time. And ya right, I haven't gotten any smarter in me absence.

Great shot, nice detail and colour, well worth the night's chase.

Nice capture! Glad you persisted! That's why I like visiting zoos, bird santuaries, etc. so I can get some photos of creatures that don't reside around or near my house. I just don't get the opportunity very often. Thanks for sharing!

Most reactions

Back