White on Black / Black on White- Possibly NSFW

|)\/8

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I worked with an amateur couple who wanted to do a black/white theme, their inexperience showed, but overall it was a fun shoot. I know the background can be distracting but this is what they wanted.

I am having problems with my main computer so I had to process these on my laptop, please let me know if the WB/Brightness/Contrast looks ok? Thanks.

IMG_06426_s_w.jpg

IMG_06429_s_w.jpg

IMG_06431_s_w.jpg

IMG_06439_s_w.jpg

IMG_06531_s_w.jpg

IMG_06536_s_w.jpg

IMG_06520_s_w.jpg

Last edited:
yr exposures are correct in outdoor shots.... in such type of fashion/different/personal shoots the BG is rightly chosen.....except the first outdoor shot, in the indoor shots the man's skin is giving more orangish tone, while girl more dark...i think u cud maintain slight more exposure for indoor shots...otherwise postures are good.....what was the light source inside?.....i think available light. 5th is great.

Thanks for your response. These were all outdoor shots, however some were on a small porch of a abandoned house. For this whole shoot I was fighting bright sunlight, so I had to find small areas of shade to shoot in. Even on the porch shots (about 5 feet in width, out from the house) half was sunlit, I had to have someone hold a 42 inch gobo to block the sun enough for the shot. My main lights were a 60 inch umbrella and a 22 inch beauty dish, no shots were made with just available ambient light.

thanks for ur feedback.....there is contrast in body colour which is taken care of.

The guy had an orange tint... might wanna check that out.

To be realistic the only thing I would change is the background. I think I solid, yet neutral color would have done a beter job. Maybe a B&W would have done well too.

The guy had an orange tint... might wanna check that out.

To be realistic the only thing I would change is the background. I think I solid, yet neutral color would have done a beter job. Maybe a B&W would have done well too.

Now looking at them on my usual computer I agree about the orange, I have adjusted them slightly (red channel). The male model did have kind of a orange tint though, (prob tan in a can).

As far as the background, this is what the models wanted. They wanted a grunge type feel, hence, the graffiti covered walls and abandoned house. The shoot was done in downtown Atlanta (Little Five Points area).

Thanks for the input.

I actually like these photos very much. Hope this guy doesn't run across your comment about tan in a can.....it's better than melanoma....

I like the expressions in 5 but it needed a shallower depth of field in my opinion. They are all pretty good though. Well done.

I actually like these photos very much. Hope this guy doesn't run across your comment about tan in a can.....it's better than melanoma....
Thanks. You are right about my comment, sometimes I type without thinking, :meh:.
I like the expressions in 5 but it needed a shallower depth of field in my opinion. They are all pretty good though. Well done.
Can't argue with that, but I was working in blotchy sun light so any area with sun would have been blown out if I opened my aperture. Thanks, for commenting.

Thanks.

I like these photos. Who knows what they are about but that is part of their appeal in a way.

As far as the background is concerned, I would have picked an abandoned industrial type setting myself, but it is not my shoot and we don't even know what those two really had in mind. I have to say, though, that I much prefer the ones in which no nature shows. To me, #5 doesn't fit very well in the series.

As for you, the photographer, at least, it was not a boring shoot :)

I like these photos. Who knows what they are about but that is part of their appeal in a way.

As far as the background is concerned, I would have picked an abandoned industrial type setting myself, but it is not my shoot and we don't even know what those two really had in mind. I have to say, though, that I much prefer the ones in which no nature shows. To me, #5 doesn't fit very well in the series.

As for you, the photographer, at least, it was not a boring shoot :)

These are two local models that are trying to build their portfolios. They chose the theme and the location of the shoot. I can tell you that I was not thrilled with the location and it's busy backgrounds. Another hindrance was that I had very little shade and very little room to work and the models were always very close to the back ground (they had no choice). Below are 2 photos of the location, which were shot the day before. One of the wall that runs parallel to a street, and one of an abandoned house overgrown with vegetation. In shot #5 from above they are hanging off the porch of the house.

It was indeed an interesting shoot, challenging and fun at the same time. I will be working with these models again in about a week. This time I will have more control of the location and theme.

Thanks for your comments.

IMG_3297.jpg

IMG_3295.jpg

I like the idea. I would actually prefer a simpler background with their outfits and makeup. I think the graffiti distracts from the subjects.

It was indeed an interesting shoot, challenging and fun at the same time. I will be working with these models again in about a week. This time I will have more control of the location and theme.

Can't wait to see the results of this next shoot.

Btw, interesting thing about busy images: one doesn't always see everything on the first look-see. It pays to go and look again. I just noticed the bird in her hair :lol:

Most reactions

Back