White Rose

Rick50

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From the Rose show today. This is the only image so far that converts to B+W. I did use flash on this thus the dark background.
0420-RoseShow-46bw-XL.jpg

White roses are beautiful but hard to do with flash. At least my monitor "indicates" lack of diffuser on the camera mounted flash and some of the delicate details are not visible. But I cannot be sure of my monitor with such a delicate subjects.

Looks a little flat. The highlights need to be pushed up a bit, not to push anything over 255, because there may be a couple of tiny spots that are there, but just to brighten some of the areas that are below that, possibly while darkening the mid-tones a bit. However, sometimes you lose contrast and/or some highlights when going through a photo hosting site, so if your original looks a little brighter/more contrasty than this, then never mind ...

Thanks guys,
My flash was not on camera but hand held and with a small soft box so it was still pretty harsh. I upped the highlights here (might be that way above now too as I replaced the original).
Lightroom says 97% on the bright spots so thats about it. If I mess with the mid tones it tends to go flat.

0420-RoseShow-46bw-XL.jpg

I like it. My only thought is how it would look with the non flower parts burned out, so it appears as a floating flower.

Good shot and use of flash.

Most reactions

Back