Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not Albinos.

White-Squirrel-3.jpg

White-Squirrel-2.jpg

White-Squirrel-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.​

omg! lol well if its not an albino what is it then?? some kind of polar squirrel? :D

Awesome! Where the heck are they growing white squirrels?

I belive that as these are not albino (the eyes are wrong, and the skin looks darker - not the washout pink) then they would be artic squirrels :) With white coats to hide in the snow.
Nice series of shots with a much more uncommon subject - must have been tricky catching them in the shots - they are fast devils! Must say I like the first best - a good use of composition space :)

In a white room with black curtains, at the station..

Silver squirrels run down moon beams, in your dark eyes..

Hey it put a killer song in my head, and now yours too!

Long time no abstract conversation kundi :lol:

Thanks Hobbes, ATX, Dmitri, Overread, matt-l, LsD3 and julz for your comments.

The white squirrels are residents of Brevard, NC. They just scamper about like the grey squirrles that are also there. I really don't know how, why or when they became part of the town. They do have a black-to-grey streak on their heads/neck. I was walking around in local residential areas to find them and only carried a kit lens with me rather than the 70-200mm f/2.8. I thought it best to keep a low profile.

Hey it put a killer song in my head, and now yours too!
I was thinking of [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz4dVof3mTc"]Little Acrorns [/ame]by The White Stripes afterwards. :lol:

Long time no abstract conversation kundi :lol:
Sorry, been in a mood lately. I'll snap out of it soon. This past week has gone a long way to remedy that.

nice shots, i like how the squirrel stands out so much in the first and third shot, some weird squirrels, i wish the lived around were i live, grey squirrels are getting too bland

I was thinking maybe a leucistic trait? Im most likely wrong if theyre common. Awesome pics though.

Mark

Wow!! Never seen a white squirrel before! I Googled "white squirrels" and they are more common that I would have imagined.

I've never seen them white, either. I'm just too happy that the population of European Red Squirrels still seems to be quite intact right where I live (it is no longer the case two villages down the road, mind you, so I should cherish any red squirrel I see when I see it) - but white? All new to me.

Anyhow, even though Photo 2 may sport the odd technical flaw, I really like that one! That's how I mostly see our red squirrels, too: on the run! Out of sight! Up into a tree (unless I see them as roadkill :( ). That's one nice squirrel action shot! :D

Most reactions

Back