Whitefish Sunset

nikon90s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think my d70 has the backfocus issus but it still was able to take this shot, what do you think?

29901576.jpg

Very nice, I like the clouds and the blue saturation of the sky

Back focus explain more please

Nytmair said:
but what do you mean when you said:

I think my d70 has the backfocus issus

Well the focus of some of the D70 from Nikon was off, if you look at the sunset can you see anything that is sharp? I know that there was a chance that I might get a bad camera when I ordered it. There is always a chance you will get a bad item that is just life. Now look at the test shot below. I focused on the center part of the shot but the as you can tell the focus is in back of the focus point.
I posted this shot of a few forums and all told me even with user error they could still tell I had a problem. I got the camera from Norman Camera Co. and they are going to get me a new one. Very Good People!!! And Thanks for the nice words about the sun set I like it too...

29896577.jpg

29931016.jpg

I can focus manually and get a sharp image, but I did not pay $1000 for a camera that I would have to focus all the time. And as for the lenses they are fine I have used them for years on my n90s with no problems. It sucks but what can you do? I will get another one and hope I am not really unlucky. lol

Love the sunset. Everything looks focused beautifully. The only thing I think that could possible make it better is not to center the horizon. I'd lower it next time to get a little more sky. Not to much though...don't want to lose the reflexion. Just my opinion.

awesome pic, does ur D70 have a "sunset" setting>? my 8700 does, and it might give you a better auto focus on the backdrop, i failed to use it in my shots, which is why some are blurred in the backdrop, but i will have to use that function next time...but again nice shot

nikon90s said:
I got the camera from Norman Camera Co. and they are going to get me a new one. Very Good People!!!

I also use the D70 and wish I had looked a bit more in to it before purchasing. There are several issues with this camera including the focus. It will not focus properly. I tested this out repeatedly including the eyepiece adjustment and have resorted to manual focusing to correct the problem. I have found that setting the focus indicator on the center circle setting and watching the green indicator light helps during automatic use, but I rarely use it in an automatic state. I agree spending $1000+ for this thing and having to rely on manual focusing is ridiculous. Maybe the D100 addressed these concerns. :confused: I've used Nikon equipment since the late 70's and swear by them, but this experience has me feeling a bit less satisfied.

I have heard of this focus problem with the D-70 and have shot almost 10,000 images and all are very sharp. I mostly use the auto focus for the action work I do.

Eric

Most reactions

Back