Whitewater Rodeo

BarbM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here we go... let me have it

kayakeryellohelmet.jpg

hi barb!

Great shot, nice and sharp and well composed...although i would like to see this shot pulled back a little and zoomed out to show more of the elements that the guy is up against.

but other than that, really great color reproduction and composition!!!!

md

At the other side, I think that slower shutter might give this photo a "soul of struggle".

But, I also like this one!

Good exposure. I get the whole "going to the rapids" view, but somehow I would rather see his face. At this moment in time I am guessing that his expression is a combination of fright and determination.

I like it, and I like the exposure- you stopped the guy in the one place, also the water is "stopped" :)

Thanks everyone, I sorta liked that one for the composition, but given the comments, is this a better shot?

(should I have put this in a seperate thread?)

kayakerstraighton.jpg

Very nice! No, it's fine that you put it in this thread, since you did it as sort of a comparison. I think I do like the second one better (the first is good, too, though). I like being able to see his expression.

Yes!!! Of course you are the judge. Print them and compare side by side.

Personally I think the front view is stronger. I am getting a strong "there is no way he is getting out of this one" feeling. Good light on the face. A little heavy on the magenta. That may be natural. I am sure homeboy is "pushing past the RED" so to speak.

If this is something you will try again... Ask if the paddlers could wear eye gear. It would bring out the ever critical eyes. Plus it may be funny if they were wearing a snorkeling mask or something.

LOL, I like it - very "The Vengance of Aqua Boy" - It might liven up this year's competition - or maybe I'll just take a basket of cookies and see how far I can push the guys during practice.
(BTW, you're right - Paul's one of those blushing red head sorts)

Great Shots BarbM! I especially like the second one with the "Holy Crap!" look on the guy's face.

Sweet!

Most reactions

Back