Who doesn't like a carousel? C+C

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We went to the zoo, which my daughter absolutely loves. But we can't leave without a ride on the carousel!

I know there is some room for improvement. What do you think?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    980.9 KB · Views: 147
Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just add another photo for comments.

I think this is a good photo. Some of you may see things I do not. Please let me know what I can improve upon.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 124
The main issue with the top image is that it's soft. It appears that you focused on the cuff of her left sleeve. When focusing a single subject, I usually suggest using a single focusing point and placing that over/between the eyes to ensure they are in sharp focus. Good job on shooting vertical, but I would suggest leveling, and in future, avoid cropping the hands.

The second image suffers badly from motion blur. As there's no EXIF data appended to the image, I don't know what SS you chose, but always go for a minimum of 1/100 when shooting people, and never less that 1/FL when using glass longer than 100mm. Also watch the fly-away hair. Both the adult and child's faces have a lot of hair blowing across them. Consider a crop to move them slightly off-centre.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks for the input, John. I did use spot focusing on the first, but it is possible I missed it since I rushed the shot.

The second was taken at about 150mm.

Okay, so ideally for #2, your SS should have been at or above 1/200 to ensure a sharp capture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back