Who has experience with digital wedding albums?

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im not sure if thats the proper name of it, it seems a bit decieving since its not on the computer but an actual album, like a year book.

I was taking a look through Rangefinder magazine and ive seen adds in it for a while now for these digital wedding albums. It seems like a nice way to go, but its rather expensive. The adds go from $300us to $500us and im sure thats just th basic package.

One example is www.classicalbum.com *which is the $500us on*. I cant find the adds for the other ones for some reason, perhaps im trying to look to fast. For a direct link for the thing that im talking about, go to http://www.classicalbum.com/products/products_ds.htm

Apperantly you can also get this through Kodak proshots, but I havent found the site for it yet.

Instead of having one large image per page or a few smaller images per page, this is more like a collage using templates. Like a general image for the background then more specific shots through out the page. Giving more of a storyline of the wedding, or something like that.

I was just wondering if anyone here has done these before, what your experience was with it, and how your customers liked it.

It seems to me that its at least double the expense of doing a really nice leather album and fourty-five 8x10's. So im wondering if clients are happy with spending that much more money for something that ive heard looks like a yearbook.

I'm not sure that I would equate them to a yearbook. Here we call them coffee table style books. Clients seem very interested in this product because it's more artistic and they end up with more of a story than just a layout of a few 8X10s and 5X7s in standard mattes. Yes, it is more expensive but if they are well done I think they are worth the money. I offer an album as part of my package along with 16X20s and parent albums. I allow my clients to pick and choose what they would like, so if they don't want a 16X20 they can use a credit toward an upgraded album. I am thinking of doing all custom packages in the future.

Customers love it or hate it. They think it's cheesy or they think it's slick and modern - and it probably depends how you do it up to look. :) We offer four packages - two coffee table album ones and two classic album ones. That way people can choose. :)

M

Most reactions

New Topics

Back