Who has seen ...

Toby said:
then you should be looking into the causes of violence

elimination of all causes of violence would involve a fundamental change in humanity itself. would love to see it happen. it won't.

I was not implying the elimination of all the causes of violence, just that if you want to limit, stop, or reduce the amount of gun violence, then the solution is to find and attack it. Much like the cancer example; find a cure instead of just removing a tumor. It is the society, from the suburbs to the inner city that need to re-evulate their thoughts on guns and violence.

And to end of a sexy note, I shall shot the ladies with my love gun :eyebrows:

Toby said:
elimination of all causes of violence would involve a fundamental change in humanity itself. would love to see it happen. it won't.

i'm probably hijacking the meaning of the rest of this thread; if so, just put me on the back burner

violence isn't just human death or human murder or human knees scraped. these convos were started on the note of "gun violence" *connotations ensue!* so the definition of "violence" everyone has been using is the purple.
love is violent, thunderstorms are violent, the garish blast of color in lots of tv commercials is violent, Jane's Addiction: "Sex is Violent!"
I think the definition of violence is... anything which one percieves as too intense to survive or understand.
I'm saying "hey, we need violence! :D but we need to understand and respect it more." we need contrast, we need oppositely charged intensities, i need to know there are things out there that are scary! so that i can have something to work against.

...oh yeah, i'm not condoning killing people. that's bad.

I think this thread has achieved what it was set out for... ;).
Excellent points and arguements ppl ! :cheer:

It got violent , it got emotional , it got ...... sexy ...:eyebrows:

:scratch:

Theres ya answer kiddo's ..... Make lurve , not war ! :love: :afro:

:lol:

The J. Geils Band---Love Stinks

You love her
But she loves him
And he loves somebody else
You just can't win
And so it goes
Till the day you die