Chase

I am now benign!
Reaction score
Website
www.thephotoforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a quick update.

I've made my move and am posting this from my empty house just outside of Dallas. They packed up my old house on Monday and now (best case) my furniture and related items will arrive on Tuesday....unfortunately, they are REALLY taking their time in getting here. I have literally NO furniture and am typing this on my laptop while laying on my floor. Life is good. :lol:

So far, I love this area and my new house. Karissa (another stranger around here) went above and beyond for my wife and I by stopping in a few times to check on the house before we arrived and by putting together some great gift baskets for the both of us. It was a awesome surprise! She also met us here to give us our keys at 1am local time as we arrived from our 2 day drive! It was awesome to meet her and her fiance Aaron and I can't thank the both of them enough for taking the time to be here for us. They also had their wedding today, which they were kind enough to invite me to! Congrats to both of them and, with their permission, I may post a few photos that I managed to capture.

Other than that, we've been spending a lot of time getting to know the area and wishing that we had all of our stuff. It is VERY hard to feel at home or even try to settle in when you don't have anything. Once our stuff arrives and we get a chance to set things up, I'm sure you'll see more of me bugging you all!

That's it for my little (long) update!

Chase Out! :biglaugh:

Awww... I was hoping for revelations about how Chase is actually the King of the undead or something. What a swizz. I demand a refund.

Chase sound like your making the best of it, how the new job doing?

Hertz if you what to know the real Chase you will have to make the next US get together.

Glad to hear things are going good bossman. You should stop by the local power company and see if you can get one of those spools to use as a table for the time being. You could also stop by the dairy and get some milk crates for chairs. Millions of bachelors do it every day, I don't see why a family couldn't :D.

i type from a laptop everyday from the floor - my wife won't let me on the furniture...me and the dogs. i'm glad to see you're close to being settled and showing back up here...we've REALLY missed you :roll:...no, all seriousness aside, we have!!!! let's see, i know we have TPFer's in your area that should be rushing to your aid any minute once they read this...oh, elsaspet!!! :lmao:

I'm a floor dweller too.
Congrats on moving into the new place, it must be really strange not having anything in the house yet. And it's a good thing there's a few TPF'ers around there.
Hope the move goes fine and you have no troubles with all your furniture stuff. I know how much of a drag it can be packing up and moving. Still haven't got home yet - should be there on tuesday. For now... I suggest doing the same as me... getting very very 'happy' on wine and killing time with better half.

Chase! I hope you'll enjoy your home also when the funiture arrives... you know ... all the mess and so on... huh :)

hobbes28 said:
Glad to hear things are going good bossman. You should stop by the local power company and see if you can get one of those spools to use as a table for the time being. You could also stop by the dairy and get some milk crates for chairs. Millions of bachelors do it every day, I don't see why a family couldn't :D.
Great idea! Just use them for patio furniture when the real stuff arrives. ;)

Meantime, burn some sage to smudge the indoors as a cleansing ritual. And do somersaults in all the empty rooms after a bottle of wine or two, by candlelight.

Empty space is fun! :mrgreen:

terri said:
Meantime, burn some sage to smudge the indoors as a cleansing ritual. And do somersaults in all the empty rooms after a bottle of wine or two, by candlelight.
That only works if you do it nekkid and with one half of you painted blue, the other yellow.
And the wine has to be Cabernet Sauvignon.

Hertz van Rental said:
That only works if you do it nekkid and with one half of you painted blue, the other yellow.
And the wine has to be Cabernet Sauvignon.
Why, of course. I didn't mention the details, because I thought everyone knew that. How careless of me! :blushing:

terri said:
Why, of course. I didn't mention the details, because I thought everyone knew that. How careless of me! :blushing:
I only mentioned it because I want Chase to try it - be quite a spectacle (but I don't think I'd like to witness it in person) :lmao:

It has to be gloss paint, Chase.

Glad to see ya back Chasey-pants! I'm sure it's a very exciting time for you and your wife!

And Karissa...THAT WAS SO NICE OF YOU!!!! :) :) :)

well, you can always organise a party and invite your new neighbours and Karissa of course. And then... actually you don't have to tidy up coz there's nothing to tidy up... except of the floor. And you don't have to be afraid about the glass...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back