Who Likes To Photograph Waterfalls?

waterfall-1-5.jpg

Waterfall of stone, it was liquid once. Hot springs in Yellowstone.

Hot springs Yellowstone.jpg

I took this photo of my wife at a frozen waterfall in the Cherokee National Forest a few years ago.
20140108_094845.jpg

Lots of great photos, I think almost everyone likes waterfalls.

My wife and I visited a lot of waterfalls as we drove across the Michigan UP in late July and early August a few years back. Some easy to find, others a little off the beaten path.

One in particular was at the end of a long dirt road. We pulled into a small parking area at the trail head and as soon as we stopped the truck, a cloud of mosquitoes rose from the grass and black files descended on the truck mirrors.

So, I told my wife, the only way we were going to hike to that waterfall..... was on snowshoes, because we sure we're not getting out on the truck that day. :) :)

Sounds like a hike I took in Maine one summer!! The flies were monstrous!

Back on page 3, I had posted a photo of the man-made waterfall at the ABQ botanic garden's Japanese garden section.
This past April, the Japanese fellow who had designed the garden came to trim trees and keep things growing in the manner that should be. The waterfall had been turned off and the water level of the big pond lowered. The streams that lead to the pond were dry.
All to make it easier on the designer and crew who had accompanied him.

I had never seen it this way.

the waterless waterfall

Most reactions

Back