Who said guys can't wear heels? | Self-portrait

.... I got this one for you Arch :thumbup:

I wrote you a short PM but I will post it here for everyone to read.

There is a "rule" that you can't argue with the mods? Aparently, yes

Does this forum practice fascism? I'd call it more of private entreprenuriship

Are the mods better than everyone else? At clicking the ban button, yes.

If the mods are wrong, they are not to be corrected? You have the right to correct them as long as you understand it will be your last post

You use this "rule" to avoid being proven wrong and embarrassing yourself. No, its used to ban people that are a pain in the ass.

Hilarious.
.... Hilarious indeed

:thumbup:

So by correcting, is that like a factual correction? Because if Arch says the sky is brown am I allowed to tell him he smoke too much ganja upon waking this morning, or to I have to keep on letting him think that the sky is brown.

I think a lot of people will be happy that i am about to press the ban button, good day.
For he's a jolly good fellow
For he's a jolly good fellow
For he's a jolly good felloh-oh-oh-OH
Which nobody can deny.

Hip, hip hoorah

So by correcting, is that like a factual correction? Because if Arch says the sky is brown am I allowed to tell him he smoke too much ganja upon waking this morning, or to I have to keep on letting him think that the sky is brown.

Well that depends on if you can actually show that i am wrong, unfortunalty our dear friend Polyphony failed because i wasn't ever 'in the wrong', i asked for people not to be rude... not to not answer the question.

wait, the sky isn't brown?... hmmm must be a bad batch :p

x

Last edited:
x

Last edited:
And I suppose men aren't supposed to cry, either.
Correct, with the exeception of:
Their wedding day
The birth of children
The death of an immediate family member (or dog)
When they get kicked in the balls.
When someone bumps into you and spills your beer after 'last call'

I certainly didn't think it would get someone banned nor did I want that to happen, so I feel bad about that
There is definalty no crying when someone gets banned on a forum, even if you were the OP.

But who's to say that such guidelines are right or to be followed?
There is no "right" or "wrong"... its diverstiy and diversity should be appreciated, no matter which side you are on. If it wasn't for you guys in heels, us Yosemeity Sam's would be running rampart... and we all know that probably wouldn't end well.

Maybe society as a whole, but that doesn't mean it's "right." Hence why it's call "traditional values," something I'm not a fond of -- but can get problematic if it gets in the way.
As can liberalism...

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier we're entitled to our own opinions. :)
we certainly are.

Therefore, why can't a straight man wear clothing designed primarily for women?

Its not that they can't.... its that the shouldn't. There are obviously two completely differt schools here, liberal and conservative.... Personal liberty and conserving traditional values. There is no need to get into an argument over it because its impossible to agree to a common gound... but at a minimum it should be respected by both sides that the other side exists.

I'm a conservative... and men wearing women's clothes dosen't fit in with the traditional values that I am comfortable with. It doesn't make the OP any less of a human being in my eyes... its just not something I'm comfortable with. I would hope that people on the left could respect that as well... without damning me as a 'bigot'. Cowboys shouldn't drive Volkswagens, Football players shouldn't belong to knitting clubs, and Men shouldn't wear high heels.

Along those lines, I'm an avid outdoorsman and hunter. I kill animals as a hobby, there are a lot of people (probable many here) that 'could' look down on me for doing so...and I can respect that...but I would hope that those people don't think any less of me as a person.

Its just the way the world works... we can't always expect to be politically correct all the time and see eye to eye.

You had my attention at the avid outdoorsman. :) I have ran into many that just don't that type of lifestyle either. Send out props to another fellow hunter gatherer. :thumbup:

I just don't like the platform soles on stiletto heels, as I think it ruins the sleek look. If you want to go with chunky soles then go with chunky heels as well... And perhaps fugly was too harsh, I just don't find them particularly attractive.

Haha. And that's okay, but that's what you think. We have all different tastes. Personally I think it's platform pumps are a much more modern look, which is why I love that shoe. :p

I think I know now why I commented on the appearance of the shoes rather than the photo itself. The problem I'm having is that those shoes are working like an anchor for me, at least in B/W. Once my eye moves to the shoes I forget that it's a guy in shoes but become fixated on how heavy they look compared to the person wearing them. If the intent was to sell me the shoes, then perhaps you did a good job. But if you want me to notice the entire model, then the heavy shoes become a distraction to my eyes. So for that reason the photo doesn't really work for me.

I find the bulging veins in the heels a comical contrast.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back