WHO SAID I NEVER POST PICTURES????

:sillysmi:
terri said:
Well....I was going say "....make you even lazier than you already are"....but it seemed kinda harsh.

That was harsh.

jerk.

I finally got around to having a look...and I'm rather impressed. Nice work man.

I agree with Terri about the focal length...the distortion can be cool....but it's not flattering to a model, in a lot of scenarios.

One thing I noticed, that I didn't like...was that for several of the shots...you seemed to be lower than the model's face...and were shooting up at her. The result is that we can see right up her nostril. After I noticed that...it really stands out on all the shots. She has a rather high nostril and tends to keep her chin pretty high...so you would need to get higher up yourself.

Big Mike said:
I finally got around to having a look...and I'm rather impressed. Nice work man.

I agree with Terri about the focal length...the distortion can be cool....but it's not flattering to a model, in a lot of scenarios.

One thing I noticed, that I didn't like...was that for several of the shots...you seemed to be lower than the model's face...and were shooting up at her. The result is that we can see right up her nostril. After I noticed that...it really stands out on all the shots. She has a rather high nostril and tends to keep her chin pretty high...so you would need to get higher up yourself.

Yeah, believe me I didn't like any of those pics. unfortunately the make up artist and the girl loved them. I put them up so they could see them.

I only REALLY liked 2 or three of the shots myself. None of them were the ones pointed out.

she did keep tilting her head up all the time. I think she said something about a double chin fear in pictures.

stupid really.

Nice work, Mr Bace. :)

If I remember correctly you're using a 300D? Next time you're in the camera shop have a look at the EF-S 10-22mm wide-angle, might be the answer to your problems because last time I had a play with one I couldn't see any barrel distortion at 10mm. :) Alternatively Sigma make a 10-20mm of the same nature but i'm not sure about the BD situation.

Quality shooting there...for some reason, #9's my fav. Right out of an ad for a cell phone or mp3 player or something.

I like these shots! You have inspired me to take some portraits over my break. I can see that you used natural light for most of them, but for the ones you didn't, what kind of lighting did you use?

oCyrus55 said:
I like these shots! You have inspired me to take some portraits over my break. I can see that you used natural light for most of them, but for the ones you didn't, what kind of lighting did you use?

i had a 550 ex with a brand new of camera shoe cord 2 and a difuser.

I also had a florescent true daylight bulb in a cheapo light thingy.

I'm pretty ghetto with my stuff. I don't have the money to go big.

and yeah, i'm gonna go shopping for a lens after the holidays.

soon to come will be some belly shots of a prego ex of mine. thankfully, it's not mine!!!

thanks for all the compliments too!!!

Good looking photos, especially the outside ones, the ghetto flash setup seemed to work well. A lenses you might want to consider would be the canon 35mm f/2 which is about 56mm on a digital. Personally that's my favorite because you are close to the subject but there really isn't much distortion. Or a more expensive option is a Sigma 30mm f/1.4 which is 48mm on a digi.

I think you did a good job overall. I personally consider 50mm-85mm to be the portrait range on that camera. Everyone likes different things, but that's what matches the traditional look. Part of what you might want to ask yourself is, do you want how far away you have to stand from the subject to dictate how the image will look? A wide angle will do more than just barrel distortion. It will exaggerate distances and give people "balloon head". That can be cool for fun pics, but I find it less appealing for more fashion or beauty orientated shots.

one suggestion for those captivating eye's ....

if shooting the right side of the face - try to get the look (direction of the eye's focus) a bit closer to the upper right edge of the lens or even a little higher than than ...

... IMHO it will give a bit more mystery to the eye's ...

other than that ... nice ....

Most reactions

Back