who took the picture?

robertwsimpson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so I set up a tripod and push my shutter with the timer. Did I take the picture?

I shoot a test shot, change the settings, and hand the camera to a friend who will now take the picture instead of me using a tripod and a timer. Who took the picture?

Am I allowed to post that picture in this forum?

last person looking through the viewfinder took the shot (unless on tripod w/remote) ;)

The actual wording is:

"You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated."

"Copyright" being the operative word. In your case, you were given the images so... I think that you were within your rights, but I'm not a Mod so my opinion don't count...

or, just tell everyone it was on a tripod and not worry about it. This aint Time Magazine.
No, not Time magazine, but a little personal integrity is still nice. In Robert's case, integrity isn't the issue in my book.

so I set up a tripod and push my shutter with the timer. Did I take the picture?

Yes.

I shoot a test shot, change the settings, and hand the camera to a friend who will now take the picture instead of me using a tripod and a timer. Who took the picture?

Your friend.

Am I allowed to post that picture in this forum?

Is it ok with your friend?

Really there is a thing where you cross the line and blatantly steal someone else's work and pass it off as your own, or blatantly pull explicitly copyrighted work and post it here. I just don't think that what you're asking falls into either category here. I think you'd be fine to post it if your friend does not have an issue with it, and I'm sure he/she doesn't. After all, it was your camera:)

The actual wording is:

"You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated."

"Copyright" being the operative word. In your case, you were given the images so... I think that you were within your rights, but I'm not a Mod so my opinion don't count...

interesting. I do have the exclusive copyright, since I bought her pizza for taking the pictures, did all of the post processing, and host them on my flickr, which says explicitly that I own all rights to the images.

People on this site can be such a-holes sometimes.

Others are great though.

Also, our opinions count more than the mods, since, without us, only the mods would be here, and that would get pretty boring.

The actual wording is:

interesting. I do have the exclusive copyright, since I bought her pizza for taking the pictures, did all of the post processing, and host them on my flickr, which says explicitly that I own all rights to the images.

Others are great though.
Robert,

I understand that you're worked up and P.O.'d... but calling someone names, doesn't really serve your cause any. Taking it up politely over PM with the Mod in question might be a better approach.

And, what kind of pizza was it. If it was some Dominoes sh!t, then shame on you for ripping her off! :lol:

The actual wording is:

Others are great though.
Robert,

I understand that you're worked up and P.O.'d... but calling someone names, doesn't really serve your cause any. Taking it up politely over PM with the Mod in question might be a better approach.

And, what kind of pizza was it. If it was some Dominoes sh!t, then shame on you for ripping her off! :lol:

I'm not calling names, I'm just stating that when you roll around the forum looking for threads to report, it's kind of jerky.

and it was papa johns. I'm glad you asked. I don't want to look cheap.

<snip>

and it was papa johns. I'm glad you asked. I don't want to look cheap.

Papa John's is definitely acceptable payment! So's Papa Murphy's. I've gladly accepted both as remuneration. Currently, I'm waiting for a buddy to fork over the sausage, pesto, and spinach stuffed pizza from Carmen's Pizzeria in Chicago that he owes me. You know you've hit the big time when Chicago-style stuffed pizza is your salary! :lmao:

In my opinion, you took the picture in both situations. Why? You said that you were the one that set the camera up with the proper exposure settings. You (I'm assuming) told him where to stand and when to take the picture if necessary. He just followed your instructions and pressed a button. If we're talking about you taking a shot that nets you some serious money, start worrying the legalities. For a forum post though, I don't see how you would get trouble from the mods or your friend.

Edit: He = She and Him = Her. :)

Also, I always pay in Papa Johns as well. I work there so I get a 50% discount. :p

There's one on Church and Maple in Evanston (just North of Chicago) and another on Sheridan Rd near the Loyola campus in Rogers Park (in Chicago). :lmao:

Most reactions

Back