Why am I so Annoyed...can someone knock some sense into me? Please!

Maybe we should invite Sonya Lynn from facebook here to defend herself too. If this thread is in poor taste (a friend defending a friend basically) - then that thread posting links to Sonya Lynn's work is just as bad. Right? Shouldn't Sonya Lynn be emailed and given the right to stand up for herself?

Sure, but it's not going to make her photographic works better, especially if they suck.

(Disclaimer: I'm saying this without having seen Sonya's work, or knowing who she is. But what I said would be true about anyone with crappy photos.)

I guess what I'm talking about is that there is a thread on this site, in this forum that has links to others work for the sake of "oh my look at how bad this is!" here.

Now, the OP is getting chastised for posting links to someone else's work and criticizing them without giving them a chance to respond. Many of the same people who are doing that are in the thread I mention laughing about the photographers being linked to in that thread.

I just wanted to point that out.

So we're not to post other people's work here, unless it's to praise them? (edit: and by post, I mean post a link to) I think it's easier to learn by ripping into crappy work than complimenting good work, simply because it's easier to see what went wrong, and where there could be improvement. In this case, posing and lighting. With good work, a lot of what makes it good is very subtle, and harder for beginners like me to see outright. It becomes clear to see after someone else mentions it, but if you plopped an awesome picture in front of me and asked me what makes it so awesome, I'd have trouble naming anything technical.

I guess my opinion is: you put it on the internet, you opened yourself up for criticism. If you don't like it, make your stuff private or take it down. Particularly the people who are trying to make a business of it... some people will like your work, others won't. If you can't handle the heat, and want it to be all sunshine and skittles, get out of the kitchen. (general 'you' here, of course)

If this guy comes to defend his work, I hope no one will candy coat their responses in light of this thread. He would get reality smacked if he just came here as a 'beginner trying to go pro,' that's for sure.

There is plenty of crappy work here to critique and learn from.......:greenpbl: No need to search out other people. Worry about your own work and pride yourself in being better than the other people!
I don't think you have to worry about people sugar coating anything if they come.....lol You don't know us very well do you....:sexywink: :lol:

Jarrod I already pointed that out but you know how people on forums are. They like to be one way, one day, and the very next they like to jump down someone's throat who does the same thing. It's a wishy-washy world we live in, no?

My impression was that the lady is attractive for sure, but the photographer didn't capture much in the way naturalness. The images look over posed. Sexiness needs to look less inuendoed if that's a good word. JMHO

Most reactions

Back