Why can't i post pictures? Help please.

iNick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When i attempt to upload photos from my computer or the internet i get this message

iNick, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
- Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?- If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.I have posted photos on here many times before, but not since the change was made to the new uploading system. Please help.

-Nick

If you are trying to use the "post picture" link I think that is limited to Supporting Members. You probably have to provide a link to your Flikr or 500px photos.

When i attempt to use the link the uploader tells me it's an invalid url...

You have to pay to upload attachments, and you need 5 posts to post links. You should have more than enough for that...

Host you picture somewhere (Flickr, Photobucket), the post it using the 'IMG' tags.

On Flickr, it's even easier... Find the picture you want to post. Click the 'share' button, select the BBcode button, then pick the size you want. Copy and paste that.

No, no, no. In the dialogue box, "from URL" you have to uncheck the "retrieve file and store locally" or whatever it says, tick box.

Ahhhh, okay, gotcha! thanks Bitter!

If you're copying the stuff from Flickr, you don't have to add the IMG tags.

5876006140_863a0d1470_o.jpg

Copy that.

Then when you paste, you get this:

06231148 by J E, on Flickr

In Flicker I just select size of image I want and right click and copy, I don't mess with bb code. Then paste in dialogue box.

In Flicker I just select size of image I want and right click and copy, I don't mess with bb code. Then paste in dialogue box.
I used to do it that way, before they had the 'share' thing. The new way seems much easier. It's a lot less clicking and waiting for pages to load anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back