Why can't Nikon produce large aperture lenses

The next time I answer some obscure point like this thread's original question, assume I am correct, even if:

1) You never heard that before
2) Everyone else has a different idea

It will save a lot of time.

You have read some of my warning for you in previous threads?

The next time you turn someones thread upside down with elitist rantings remember that you have warned about it before.... it will save you alot of time.

The next time I answer some obscure point like this thread's original question, assume I am correct, even if:

1) You never heard that before
2) Everyone else has a different idea

It will save a lot of time.

You have read some of my warning for you in previous threads?

The next time you turn someones thread upside down with elitist rantings remember that you have warned about it before.... it will save you alot of time.

You missed the point, utterly. I answered this question early on, correctly, matter-of-factly, and succinctly; then many chimed in by saying "that can't be right, because" (followed by egregious and unprovoked ad hominem attacks). You should be warning them, not me.

Read the thread before making ridiculous accusations.

Following that, what I expect from you is an apology.

Last edited:
:popcorn:

wait wait its over? Aww.... I was only half way through my popcorn!

hehe only kidding now we can get back to threads that arn't monster size ego trips ;) :hugs:

Ah you can resume popcorn if you like.... Its only for 2 days... for now. :mrgreen:

I was expecting to see a closed thread when I saw Arch with the last post on the 'New Posts' screen. :lol:

For one.. Garbz is one of the most calm person here and you managed to end up on his ignore list. Now that's an accomplishment! Congratz

Admittedly I had to remove him just now because I desperately wanted to see what happened. Comedy :)

Shame it's over. I really wanted to blast him for why he thought an autofocus mechanism needed to sit in the barrel, other than on 90% of lenses it's the most convenient place to put it :)

He may not have been a photographer, but he sure as hell isn't much of an engineer either.

Yes, that's another advantage of that damned Canon mount. Makes me think that it would be worth getting a 5D Mk II to go with the D3/D3s.

Best,
Helen

Yup...it's a great way to finally get some good glass to go onto a Canon body. :sexywink: :er: :thumbdown: :blushing: :D

The folks at 16.9.net are probably bummed out that their G-to-EOS capable adapter ( http://www.16-9.net/nikon_g/nikon_g_doc.pdf) has been usurped by the Novoflex people, whose adapter looks like it will offer much higher functionality WRT to aperture control on the G-series Nikkors.

Only downside to Novoflex is the chance that the price will be pretty darn high! That said I've never heard any complaints of quality with regard to their products - and I was sort of waiting for someone (outside of the ebya hongkong group) to make something like this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back