Why did you buy YOUR camera???

mine was free. got it from a school related deal. why else would i have a kodak easy share. haha. pretty beat up too.

I have a Kodak Easy Share, It's a C-743, that rides around in my brief case for shots that just have to be taken and on the computer quickly.

First SLR I bought was a Nikon 6006. Bought it because it had the best features for what I could afford at the time. I really wanted the 8008 though. It was a very reliable camera though. First digital was a coolpix 900 right after it first came out. Again was the best for what I could afford at the time.

I just ordered a D300 2 days ago. I originally had a D700 in the cart, but after figuring out with Canon 5dmk2 comming out the price would probably drop some on the Nikon. Plus with the economy, I think there may be better deals as the holidays get closer. So I switched to the D300. I did consider the D90 and Canon 50D. But since I have way more Nikon equipment than Canon equipment I crossed out the Canon. I downloaded nikons comparision chart and both D300 and D90 manuals. After going over the information I decided that the D300 was indeed worth $500 more than the D90. I suspect that the price on the D300 will come down a couple hundred this winter. But at $1,500 I am pretty happy with the price.

If the D700 comes down to say $2,000 or so this winter, I will be ording it as well.

My L4 pissed me off. Too small. Not enough features in a point and shoot (where's kalmkidd to argure about point and shoots and DSLRs when you need him)

Also, a larger reason was because I worked at Wolf Camera and saved $450 on the D80.

Now though, my D80 is pissing me off. I need more so I'm going to upgrade to the D300.

I'm going to that (you could say why I'm buying it) because of the high FPS, added features and great high ISO. (I shoot dance photography, and stage lighting can suck, even with a 2.8 lens)........oh, and I love that the vertical grip as a selector/toggle button!

~Michael~

had p&s with some manual mode but have been wanting some more for a while.
i then tryied my girlfriend's canon film slr and loved it.
one day, while taking a look in a pawn shop in town i saw two slr, a canon and a minolta, for dirt cheap. having heard good things about minolta and their lenses and considering that my girlfriend already had a canon and we might have wanted to try something else out, i picked up the minolta, a srt 101b.

- wanted a 35mm camera (no "crop")
- wanted to use my Canon EF-mount lenses
- wanted it somewhat light and compact

so not much of a choice 27 months ago ;)

I got my Nikon D70S as a Christmas present in 2006 - my family has ALWAYS been one of those photo families where there are photos everywhere and my sister is semi-professional. And we've only had Nikons so that's what I am sort of familiar with.

I am in the horse world as my hobby/past time - I've been to more horse shows than I can count and I've always been interested in the "in ring" or paid photographer in the middle of the ring. In my horse world, 8X10's start at $50 and while some of them are outstanding - some are equally as deplorable. I just can't justify paying $50 for, well, crap. I pay enough for my horse to be at the show, I'm not going to waste my money buying subpar photos.

I started playing with photographing the show horses in my own barn (never intending, and still don't, to go commercial/professional) I was seeing what the other customers were paying for photos that were not worth it. So I decided to give it a try. I knew in my mind what I wanted to capture in our horses - the nuances, the presence, the athleticism of my breed - the intensity of the competition. I spent an entire year just on timing and cadence of the horses' rhythm. It's starting to pay off - now I am having a blast with it and the sugar on top is that people have asked to buy my photos - again it was never my intent to sell them, only to shoot the horses as a challenge to myself.

I love it - I just bought a new f/2.8 80-200mm Nikkor lens and I get to try it for the first time tomorrow - yippee!!! Best of all I am headed to Kansas City in November to spend 4 days with my photography mentor and icon in horse world of photographers - I can't wait!!! I am now considering a move up in the body of my camera - maybe the D90 or 300 series? I'm not sure.

Sorry, a little long winded but that's why I got my camera :)

I only had 4 cameras, so I decided to buy a 5th with more current features.

skieur

^lol

i wanted a dlsr for a while. then i started taking photo 1 this semester got a nikon n65. that kept e busy for a while then i found an amazing deal on ebay (dont flame me...) and bought it

I reached the limits of my parent's Kodak P&S but felt that a dslr was too large of a leap, so I ended up with a Powershot A720is. To what you were asking about durability, I've learned to pay particular attention to whether or not the LCD has a built in cover or if it's the bare screen... they're pretty delicate if there's no cover. I didn't worry about an extended warranty. Never needed one with my laptop, cellphone, mp3 player...etc, felt that I didn't need one for a camera. Treat your stuff well and it becomes a moot point.

Most reactions

Back