Why do my videos not look as good as professional examples I've seen? Screenshots attached

ph0toe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i got this screenshot clip from aa yt video and i want to replicate it. im thinking it has to do with post production. in any case most video are clean and crisp/sharp and i am unable to get that in my own videos on a dslr even with all the lighting set up. what am i missing?

Attachments

• q34ql.jpg
    q34ql.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 144
It's probably color graded. It's a post-processing step.

toe, for starters to get the same video quality as what they use for cine, you have to shoot with the same equipment.
You don't say what you're shooting your videos with. Just like in photography, the camera and the lenses can make a big difference in quality. By quality I don't mean composition.
I think a good rule of thumb could be that the better the slow-mo you could produce, the better the video would look at regular speed, assuming good lenses are used.
Of course it would make a huge difference in your videos if you have at least one full-time puller working on your camera!!
SS

toe, for starters to get the same video quality as what they use for cine, you have to shoot with the same equipment.
You don't say what you're shooting your videos with. Just like in photography, the camera and the lenses can make a big difference in quality. By quality I don't mean composition.
I think a good rule of thumb could be that the better the slow-mo you could produce, the better the video would look at regular speed, assuming good lenses are used.
Of course it would make a huge difference in your videos if you have at least one full-time puller working on your camera!!
SS
Though the example shows good DOF, Sharpness and separation and noise control. Th image has low contrast, and a slight greenish tint, I'm going to agree with sparky, the issue in this example is color and grade.

Because the camera/rig probably looked something like this:

1625670751244.png

in other words: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Most reactions

New Topics

Back