Why do people leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, careful.
You might not know how this reads to Skieur ... he knows what he is talking about, sadly so. He's not joking here. (Am I right, Skieur?) So don't joke about someone suddenly getting brain damaged through a horrible car accident. Please.

Actually, you are right.
I shall at long last move it to the Off Topics.

Hey, careful.
You might not know how this reads to Skieur ... he knows what he is talking about, sadly so. He's not joking here. (Am I right, Skieur?) So don't joke about someone suddenly getting brain damaged through a horrible car accident. Please.

Skieur is a grownup who wouldn't have introduced this subject into an open discussion without explanation if he were so terribly sensitive. If he is hurt I apologize but try to keep from imposing even more requirements on what is politically correct to say or not.

Skieur is a grownup who wouldn't have introduced this subject into an open discussion without explanation if he were so terribly sensitive. If he is hurt I apologize but try to keep from imposing even more requirements on what is politically correct to say or not.
Oh, put a sock in it, Lew. This thread is of questionable merit as it is; LaFoto can offer up words of caution however she chooses.

Hey, careful.

Yes, you are right LaFoto. Very perceptive. You remember the photo, I think and put two and two together. Very good memory too on your part.

skieur

I have already apologized to Skieur through email for any inadvertent hurt in the use of terms but this thread also inadvertently gave the the circumstance to add, as my last post here, another reason why people leave.

I have spent a lot of time here, responding to pictures, critiquing pictures, doing my best to help new photographers trying to fend off the casual drop-in and improving the Forum. However, I see this Forum winding slowly downhill. Many of the better photographers post rarely, if at all. Although my skills are debatable, I have chose in the last few months not to post any pictures because I don't get enough back to be worth the effort.

The final straw for me was when a mod took me to taste publicly for an unknowing slip, rather than PMing me so I could apologize. OTOH, I was called an idiot in a thread and that was let go with a general caution about name-calling to everyone. That unequal treatment by the mods is something I won't absorb.

I have decided to spend all my time elsewhere. Thanks to all the people I have met here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back