Why do "real" photographers hate instagram?

Do they really hate it? like a lot? I don't think they really hate it. I think some pictures uploaded in Instagram are from DSLRs. Well, instagram is a social app where you can share photos, your moments. whether it's taken from DSLR or ipad. whatever.

actually.. yes... many of us hate it! Taking marginal phone photos... and then applying ugly filters to them? What is the point? Social crap? Oh.. well, I am pretty anti-social, maybe that explains it! ;)

(Dang Spammers... opening Zombie Threads...arrgghh!)

Last edited:
What? That's like FREE EXPOSURE!

Wouldn't be theft if users have agreed to the Terms when they signed up, and if the Terms include something to the effect that users retain ownership of their photos BUT... the company can use, modify, distribute etc. etc. the users' submitted images and/or information.

If users agree to allow usage then that agreement may allow websites to sell users' information to third parties.

That's why I don't use Instagram.

Because they're pretentious. Also, they're probably the type who would spend a lot of money on equipment and still produce a mediocre pic.

Because they're pretentious. Also, they're probably the type who would spend a lot of money on equipment and still produce a mediocre pic.

Guess that is better than turning out mediocre pics with cheap gear and blogging about them! ;) I know several people that do that!

Last edited:
There are a lot of people like that, constantly looking for something to complain about. All they have to do is get married and they'll never waste time looking again.

Just read this to my wife. Major laughs!!!

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

Guess that is better than turning out mediocre pics with cheap gear and blogging about them! ;) I know several people that do that!

What is your obsession with blogging, anyways? I don't understand. This isn't even personal, because I know you're not talking about me here, since I never blog about my pictures.

Exactly what are you trying to say?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back