Why do you love film? opinions needed for article

i like film because its real, there isn't too much tweaking that can be done, what you see is what you get. Unlike digital where a crap photo can be a masterpiece because of photoshop, the same applies to the photographer.

I wonder what's become of the OP. Did he write his paper?

It's entirely possible he/she may be/have:

1. Just sitting watching the replies and writing the paper

2. Forgot about us

3. Was just trying to stur something up and run

4. Waiting for the last minute to eright the paper and off doing other things.

I was one of those guys that went kicking and screaming into the digital age.

But I had to go digital, if I wanted to survive. I shoot a lot of PJ and event stuff, and to keep up, I had to switch to digital. And you know what? Once I did, I thought to myself, "Why was I making such a big fuss over this?"

I had a darkroom at home for over 30 years and I worked in several darkrooms at major metropolitan newspapers across the country, and to tell you the truth- I don't miss film that much at all, or even working in the darkroom. And that astounded me because I thought I really, really would miss all that.

The one thing I do miss is shooting film cameras, and in particular, rangefinders, but I really don't miss shooting film that much or working in my darkroom like I thought I would.

And now, just to keep up in my PJ work, I expect to be shooting a lot of stuff with high-end digital video cameras, this coming year. And that is just what I need- another system to learn.:x

Film "sings." Also, it dances the cancan *without pantaloons.*

I like the way film looks, but probably the biggest reason for me is that I love cameras, and out of necessity, have to use film in vintage, pinhole, and plastic cameras.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back